Active Topics

Originally Posted by romu View Post
What's wakelocks?
i have to assume the phone is in deep sleep, and only a wakelock would wake it from deep sleep. am unsure how SFOS deals with wakelocks, because there an android thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
What is the approx battery life on nexus 5 with sailfish. I understand the sensor framework issue. But still just curious.
Sfdroid is not the battery issue.
Disable the sensors that you don't need. You can't disable all. I use SFOS on the N5 with sfdroid installed and all sensors enabled for 4 hours or less and with most sensors turned off for 10 hours min. You shouldn't disable all sensors. The latest sfdrois doesn't use that much battery power.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Sfdroid is not the battery issue.
Disable the sensors that you don't need. You can't disable all. I use SFOS on the N5 with sfdroid installed and all sensors enabled for 4 hours or less and with most sensors turned off for 10 hours min. You shouldn't disable all sensors. The latest sfdrois doesn't use that much battery power.
Great! how do I disable all sensors? you mean all sensors in sfdroid? or sensors in sfos?
Thanks.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Hi guise,

Old n900 and n9 user, n9 broke, so I just got a nexus 5 because I need a linux phone for daily use.

Will start installing CM11 + SFOS today, but I am not being able to find What is the workaround for whatsapp.

I dont want to keep on booting to CM, is everyone using sfdroid as a workaround for having whatsapp available at all times inside sailfish??

or what is the best solution to use whatsapp thoughout the day in SFOS?

thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kayaman_00 For This Useful Post:

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
All alternative WA clients are not usable at this moment.

i use whatsapp alright atm

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by kayaman_00 View Post
Hi guise,

Old n900 and n9 user, n9 broke, so I just got a nexus 5 because I need a linux phone for daily use.

Will start installing CM11 + SFOS today, but I am not being able to find What is the workaround for whatsapp.

I dont want to keep on booting to CM, is everyone using sfdroid as a workaround for having whatsapp available at all times inside sailfish??

or what is the best solution to use whatsapp thoughout the day in SFOS?

thanks
Using Whatsapp in sfdroid inside sailfish for everyday use here!
Works ok!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
thank you for the valuable and timed input.

I think I will try the sfdroid route first, while I get the hang of everyday use of sailfish, I just finished the install and I have multirom cm11+SFOS will try OTA to 2.0 tomorrow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kayaman_00 For This Useful Post:
I'm all set and migrated to SFOS with sfdroid, all I have to say is wow, and thanks!

I will apply the monitoring script for the sensors and start installing packages and browsing the warehouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to kayaman_00 For This Useful Post: