Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Excellent step in the right direction.

With the addition of directories that will eventually allow me to get rid of nQaap which I really, unfortunately dislikes a lot.

But yes, the same issues as above of course - can only launch from the terminal.

Thanks(!) for continuing to work on this great application and to allow it to also be a tool for audiobooks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
When I try to run it from the menu, it fails to load, although it appears to do so (the program title appears and the little wheel keeps spinning), but if I run it from the command-line via ssh (/usr/bin/panucci) it works.

I found out by editting /usr/share/applications/hildon/panucci.desktop that if I comment out the line "X-Osso-Service=org.panucci.pannuciInterface" it works. It seems a dbus problem thus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Thanks Patola - worked like a charm. Excellent!

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vienna / Austria
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
I found out by editting /usr/share/applications/hildon/panucci.desktop that if I comment out the line "X-Osso-Service=org.panucci.pannuciInterface" it works. It seems a dbus problem thus.
After edititing it now starts. But I cannot see any menue to access a file in a folder. Currently I have to type in a command like:

panucci /path/to/the/file.extension

Does someone have a workaround for this?

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Or instead you could change the line to "X-Osso-Service=org.panucci.panucciInterface", which works too. (it seems like a typing problem )

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vienna / Austria
OK, Thanx a lot:
In /usr/share/applications/hildon/panucci.desktop I changed:

X-Osso-Service=org.panucci.pannucciInterface

to

X-Osso-Service=org.panucci.panucciInterface

Now the application starts when I click on the desktop item.

I recognized that the way to open a file/folder has now moved to the playlist-menue. I would prefere a more direct way to access a media file from the main user interface.

Tags
panucci, testing