Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's been too long since we got together so I'm (finally) starting a new thread on the subject (old one here).

There's a lot to discuss but for now I'll drop some bullet points:
  • I've seen a few new Greeters "appear" almost like magic. I'm hoping this simply means newcomers see your signatures, are interested and just use their own initiative to join in. That's wonderful! It proves the merit to the concept and approach.
  • We're seeing a steady stream of newcomers and I'd like Greeters to occasionally drop into the New members say hello! thread and--well--say hello! That's the single best place to engage new arrivals.
  • As long as Maemo lives there will likely be a need for your services... so keep it up! You are appreciated
  • I'm getting asked a lot if there will be MeeGo Greeters. I have seen no opposition to the idea so my assumption is yes. And there's no problem with people living in both worlds, either! Stay tuned for developments on this subject.
Again, thanks for your interest! Feel free to share ideas or ask questions here.

-Randy

EDIT: wiki page here-- http://wiki.maemo.org/Greeters

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-04-26 at 21:12.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I'll be around more in a few weeks. Promise!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:

Tags
greeters, maemo, maemo greeters