Notices

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Any news about the Store issue?
I wrote some message to store but they never answer me.
I also can't download this.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
They charged me twice for the app that I still can't download.
I got them working on this. Hopefully, for them, they fix it soon...

They keep telling me that they are working on the issue. The interesting thing: the issue is so complex that it may require a client update...

Originally Posted by MK99 View Post
Any news about the Store issue?
I wrote some message to store but they never answer me.
I also can't download this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
I don't have any expectation anymore. My guess: they are doing nothing because the remaining employees do not understand anything about the installation.

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
They charged me twice for the app that I still can't download.
I got them working on this. Hopefully, for them, they fix it soon...

Hey - any updates on whether this will download and install properly if i buy it?

Cheers!

Originally Posted by inamak View Post
Hey - any updates on whether this will download and install properly if i buy it?

Cheers!
Unfortunately not. Nokia is probably working nights and days on this issue, though. Or not... I will try to contact them again.

The Symbian version was submitted more than 1 week ago but it takes time because Nokia's QA suddenly realized that they require more warnings to the user because (surprise!) MeeRun uses GPS location for tracking.

Allowing users to pay for an app that cannot be downloaded seems to be acceptable by Nokia but using GPS in a GPS tracking application is not. Strange company.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
Unfortunately not. Nokia is probably working nights and days on this issue, though. Or not... I will try to contact them again.

The Symbian version was submitted more than 1 week ago but it takes time because Nokia's QA suddenly realized that they require more warnings to the user because (surprise!) MeeRun uses GPS location for tracking.

Allowing users to pay for an app that cannot be downloaded seems to be acceptable by Nokia but using GPS in a GPS tracking application is not. Strange company.
Last year the Sports Tracker application for N9 was missing long time from the Nokia shop. Then it finally appeared to be downloaded again. So it's nothing new to have problems with Nokia's store.

MeeRun is an excellent application as a sports tracker. I understand how frustrating it must be for the developer to have this mess. Sometimes I really feel that Nokia slowly wishes to kill itself.

Let's hope for the best and thank you bwalter for the software and for your brave efforts with Nokia!

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
The other day, while I was running I took a picture. When I closed the camera app, MeeRun crashed.

I have not tried to reproduce it.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
The other day, while I was running I took a picture. When I closed the camera app, MeeRun crashed.

I have not tried to reproduce it.
I had the same problem with the first version, i think it was very heavy on processor usage (according to RscMonitor).

With the last version, this problem seems to be gone. Also no problems with using camera at the same time.
I'm looking forward to test the effects of the new version on the battery at thursday

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Nokia charged me in buying Meerun, but there is the above mentioned download problem. Complaints (using the store application) results automated email reply (with my own email address as sender!). I fully understand that this is not caused by the programmer @bwalter

I think one way to try to influence Nokia is to contact the domestic Consumer Rights Authorities. Nokia charges for an item but does not deliver the item. Hence, this is a fraud. The more countries join this action the better.

Best,

Antti

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ripatti For This Useful Post: