Posts: 99 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Stuttgart/Germany
the touch screen of my N9 became partially insensitive: like a thin line from the left to right of the screen. It's very hard to type letters there or swipe something from the bottom to the top.

Is there a tool or a setting for calibration or is it possible to change the sensitivity? Maybe it'll react then.

Is it true, that this can happen with cheap chargers?

I can't afford a new touch screen (wich costs about as much as a used N9) Is it possible to repair a touch glass?

pls help

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by lazart View Post
the touch screen of my N9 became partially insensitive: like a thin line from the left to right of the screen. It's very hard to type letters there or swipe something from the bottom to the top.

Is there a tool or a setting for calibration or is it possible to change the sensitivity? Maybe it'll react then.

Is it true, that this can happen with cheap chargers?

I can't afford a new touch screen (wich costs about as much as a used N9) Is it possible to repair a touch glass?
That unfortunately sounds to me like a permanent HW problem. AFAIK there is no way to calibrate parts or areas of the digitizer, I am pretty sure calibration affects the whole area at the same time.

Cheap chargers do affect the operation of digitizer while connected, due to bad EMI shielding, but I have not heard that the effect would persist after disconnecting the charger.
(But if it is broken you might well fry your device's charging circuity, hmm?)