Notices

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by 3llipsis View Post
ok thanks. i've tried to install zsh. aegis rejects libcap and zsh. you have any idea? i've set up the extra repo and i'm on 1.1.
It shouldn't reject.. just give warnings. It would have been better if you waited for next version where i improved the installation process. Are you sure it didn't install? What happen if you run zsh as user?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

and by theming the terminal i was referring to the... default terminal with it's 3 themes: green, white and black on yellow
I have put back green on black as default but not the other two yet. Am also offering the cyan of latest version. But this is only for n9tweak.

I will see if i could make a more customizable way where the user choses the color them selves for terminal. Maybe put some extra options like ip number, clock or something. That will be a bit of work so will do it sometime later.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Added n9tweak to http://n9-apps.com/n9tweak also

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ iceland
i won't try it tonight. my n9 is on endless reboot loop. hope it's not zsh. i've installed that and one screenshot app from ovi store. hope i can reinstall via navifirm + flasher because where i'm staying now (iceland) i don't think there is any nokia service center

i won't try it tonight. my n9 is on endless reboot loop. hope it's not zsh. i've installed that and one screenshot app from ovi store. hope i can reinstall via navifirm + flasher because where i'm staying now (iceland) i don't think there is any nokia service center
It could be Zsh.. not sure. Was this the first reboot you did after you installed that? Did you do the settings option? Flashing is pretty stright forward.. have lost count how many times i have needed it

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
It could be Zsh.. not sure. Was this the first reboot you did after you installed that? Did you do the settings option? Flashing is pretty stright forward.. have lost count how many times i have needed it
except my two systems are solaris and mac.

anyway i've got my hand on the right .bin and flashed it and everything seems ok even if i lost everything.

so i have an add-on idea for your script: create a snapshot for backup purpose of your entire n9 with upload option to remote server via ssh.

except my two systems are solaris and mac.

anyway i've got my hand on the right .bin and flashed it and everything seems ok even if i lost everything.

so i have an add-on idea for your script: create a snapshot for backup purpose of your entire n9 with upload option to remote server via ssh.
Well.. SSH can do that pretty good already (without tempering). I don't know if i could make it any better. Will see if i can come up with something..

btw.. how did you get hold of the image with a Mac? Have one with a similar problem on the swedish meego forum. The only thing i could come up with was Wine + Navifirm (if it work).

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Well.. SSH can do that pretty good already (without tempering). I don't know if i could make it any better. Will see if i can come up with something..

btw.. how did you get hold of the image with a Mac? Have one with a similar problem on the swedish meego forum. The only thing i could come up with was Wine + Navifirm (if it work).
i used vmware and installed tinyxp (very compressed distro of xp). but now i will store some firmware on my server just in case.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Two issues so far for me since the use of n9tweak:

1. With large keyboard I don't get any vibration feedback when touching the very down of the keyboard (spacebar)*
2. The word suggestions, when typing, are white now. Normally they are black. It's just that white on white is usually very hard too read.

*I don't have this issue with the extra large keyboard.

But beside it's doing great.

Originally Posted by simonizer View Post
Two issues so far for me since the use of n9tweak:

1. With large keyboard I don't get any vibration feedback when touching the very down of the keyboard (spacebar)*
2. The word suggestions, when typing, are white now. Normally they are black. It's just that white on white is usually very hard too read.

*I don't have this issue with the extra large keyboard.

But beside it's doing great.
Thanks for reporting.. i found the villain for correction.. the fun part is that it is nothing n9tweak have touched. Not directly anyway. I use the default base theme file and move it to blanco theme. But the value is same in both. Anyway i have changed it so that it will give a black text for correction now

Will look into the keyboard thing.. would be nice if someone else could confirm that too because i can't reproduce it. For me it is working.

edit: spoke to soon. i can reproduce it now. so might come with a fix on that too,

Will try to get out a new version today with the fix for correction.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2011-12-16 at 10:24.