Last I used it, hit the power button and then locked the screen. Came home 4 hours later, went to turn on, nothing, so I figured the battery died. Plugged it in, the Nokia startup screen came up, stayed there for a few seconds and then the screen went off for a second, then back again, went on for about 30 seconds total and then just completly shut off. I've left it plugged in over night, same thing, help power button for a long time trying to turn on without it being plugged in nothing happens. Removed the battery for an hour, tried to boot up into usb mode, nothing.

Current os was OS2007HE with a 1gig memory card.

I've searched and searched for an anwser, I dont think that the white screen of death is applicable from what I read but then again no real clue here. Maybe dead battery. Anyone anywhere help please, i just bought this thing a week ago!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
As long as You can see nokia's logo clearly and without distortions on any part of the screen - You are not affected by WSOD.

The Following User Says Thank You to XTC For This Useful Post:
I went and bought a new charger @ best buy, same thing. Anyone? Please?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by saruji View Post
I went and bought a new charger @ best buy, same thing. Anyone? Please?
What is the latest status, can it be turn on or completely dead?

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
What is the latest status, can it be turn on or completely dead?

bun
the device will not turn on by itself, when I connect it to the ac adapter it will show the nokia startup screen, stays there for about 5 seconds, the screen shuts off for a second and then back again. Does this for about a minute and then shuts off completly, I tried connecting it to the pc, in xp it shows that it has detected a device and then it will say the device has malfunctioned. Doesnt stay on long enough for me to detect it in linux. I dont understand the last thing i did with this thing was read a pdf, hit the power key and select " lock screen and buttons" ?!

It is NOT WSOD. It is NOT power on problem. Have you tried the obvious.........repeat take out the battery, go to do your daily house chore for awhile, walk the dog, do the dish, say a little prayer....and put the battery back and see what happen.

bun

yes i took out the memory card and battery overnight, same thing. Why dont you think its a power on problem?

Originally Posted by saruji View Post
yes i took out the memory card and battery overnight, same thing. Why dont you think its a power on problem?
You said the tablet still shows something, the Nokia screen. The classic power on people referred to has NO response whatsoever....any how, stick it in a plastic bag and stick the whole thing in refrigerator for 10 min or so and see how it goes.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
You said the tablet still shows something, the Nokia screen. The classic power on people referred to has NO response whatsoever....any how, stick it in a plastic bag and stick the whole thing in refrigerator for 10 min or so and see how it goes.

bun
lol really? wow, you think the processor is overheating or something? I'm interested to know your reasoning. BTW this will have nothing to do with if I do it or not, right now your can pretty much tell me to leave it in a dark room for 24 hours and do jumping jacks and I'd do it. Nokia please come back!!

woo hoo! I got it working, I had it plugged in for a while and I started playing with the power plug, after lots of frustrated plug in and outs, taking out battery, memory card etc (and I did this a lot before) the device all of a sudden got a vague "charging" icon, I let it charge all way up and now its up! I wonder why this happend, maybe bc it lost charge while I was using the memory card? no idea, but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why this happend, is this just user error on my part? I know it would be hard to tell, but maybe someone has had similar issues. I initially thought this was a known issue like the wsod, (although i never thought it was what my problem was after research)