Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
And, let's face it, with this announcement, who the **** is going to buy the N900 now compared to the shiny, new Meego device they could get?[/LIST]
No, the question is who the **** is going to buy anything for $600 from Nokia given the poor treatment users have received time and again? The 770 situation sucked, but was justifiable, but there is really no excuse for abandoning the N900 this early in its life-cycle.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 360 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Pirkkala, Finland
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
THEN WHY THEY HAVE N900 PICTURE IN THEIR HOME SITE ????
http://meego.com/
Please check the thread "MeeGo hardware adaptation for N900"

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53571

Br,
//Harri

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
hahaha - at least they gave a proper answer this time

so n900 officially a dead end device now, only get token support from now on. If you think otherwise I got a big bridge in Sydney I would like to sell you.

community port ? hah - 10 to 1 I bet you the paid app market will not work on the n900 Meego port. There will be theoretical "compatibility", but good luck getting it in practice.

why will ANYONE recommend the n900 to anyone but a hardcore linux geek ? hah

no wonder they didnt give a straight answer earlier, they wanted it released with PR1.2 to "soften" the blow.

what a joke. F you Nokia

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
so n900 officially a dead end device now.
No it isnīt because of QTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!"

Do you want MeeGo because it brings new apps or because it is new and shiny?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
hahaha - at least they gave a proper answer this time

so n900 officially a dead end device now, only get token support from now on. If you think otherwise I got a big bridge in Sydney I would like to sell you.

community port ? hah - 10 to 1 I bet you the paid app market will not work on the n900 Meego port. There will be theoretical "compatibility", but good luck getting it in practice.

no wonder they didnt give a straight answer earlier, they wanted it released with PR1.2 to "soften" the blow.

what a joke. F you Nokia
Hahah... although I don't look forward to the inflamatory responses you may get with that tone, I agree with *95% of your post;

*Margin of error is ą5 percentage points.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lahti, Finland
so n900 officially a dead end device now, only get token support from now on.

If you actually think this twice, no other Nokia handset device has had the opportunity to actually upgrade the OS. Why they should even provide this option in any case if there are serious QA issues to be considered to ensure smooth transition to MeeGo/Maemo 6?

If you want your MeeGo on N900, support the community behind it instead of spreading the FUD. Even if it takes some extra steps to perform a OS upgrade on development snapshots. Embrace what we have now, Stskeeps, Harri and rest of the folks are doing a tremendous job on ensuring compatibility with N900 for MeeGo. Be sure to thank them later on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
No, the question is who the **** is going to buy anything for $600 from Nokia given the poor treatment users have received time and again? The 770 situation sucked, but was justifiable, but there is really no excuse for abandoning the N900 this early in its life-cycle.
Who have said anything about abanoning the n900 early except trolls like you? Not Nokia anyway..

You have to remember that the N900 is an internet mobile device and nothing more. If you wanted apps and games to spend your money on then you bought the wrong device.

Whether or not Meego comes to N900 doesn't really matter that much to me. My N900 serves its purpose as the best internet mobile device, nothing out right now can beat its experience.

The only thing I'm waiting for is Flash 10.1, then we might have a problem, lol!

I can't say i care the least. We will actually have more applications than MeeGo from the start and all applications working on MeeGo will work on Maemo 5 because of PR1.2.

MeeGos home screen alone is build for multitouch because of the big "canvas" so i'm not sure how that would look on N900.

Tags
dejavu, egocentric, premonition, wegot1newloser