Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ LONDON s/east

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by JOHNJAY View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66985&page=3

Opps here is the link lol
Earlier on in this thread, there are many trials and things modified. It is better to try the latest set of directions from the wiki unless you are interested in modifying the index.html file or other parts yourself.

What are the complete steps you have done so far? Essentially you'll need to install OMVS or download the python server. Replace the index.html file, and place the sound files you require in the cities/voices folder (when you connect via cable and set to mass storage mode).

Hi Blaizzen

Cheers for ur reply.

What i have tried so far.
I added the OMV then the SSH files.
I then saved the english_us files to cities under the "diskcache >>> voices
I have saved the HTML file in voices also ??? (in mass storage mode )
I then used the link i found and posted in other post to try and get sound with the steps provided whilst in the X-terminal.

I get the POI bits but sound still no go.

Also Nokia Ovi Suite will not recognise my N900 if i try and load any maps??

Id be grateful for some help.

Im not techy minded soz

Hi Blaizzen

Cheers for ur reply.

What i have tried so far.
I added the OMV then the SSH files.
I then saved the english_us files to cities under the "diskcache >>> voices
I have saved the HTML file in voices also ??? (in mass storage mode )
I then used the link i found and posted in other post to try and get sound with the steps provided whilst in the X-terminal.

I get the POI bits but sound still no go.

Also Nokia Ovi Suite will not recognise my N900 if i try and load any maps??

Id be grateful for some help.

Im not techy minded soz
Just a few things
1. the voices need to be saved under cities/voices/Language, so say english will be MyDocs/cities/Voices/english (with english_male and the config.xml file under that). This can be changed from OMVS under one of the tabs, so this is a minor point.
2. You will need to back up the index.html file found under "/usr/share/nokia-maps/html" then replace it with the latest index.html file (after unzipping etc).
3. Not sure about ovi suite, as I rarely used it. To load maps you can just download the ones you need and extract to the disccache folder (http://www.maemopeople.org/index.php...ut_a_network_c)

Let me know if you need more clarification and good luck

Hi Blaizzen

But im still having problems.

my cities files goes like this.
cities/diskcache/0-9 a-f then clientindex/icons/safetyspots/shop/voices

So unsure where to put english files as the only file named VOICES i have is in the the diskcache folder
So i have made another folder named "voices" under CITIES file and added the files in there???? Is that right & if so shall i delete the other VOICES folder in DISKCACHE??

Also the zipped INDEX file when extracted shows a CHROME logo'd file named INDEX and its a html file
Unsure what u mean by replacing the old html file and how to do that or even find it.
Do i just drop that in the VOICES file i just made ??

Sorry if im asking dumb questions lol

At the mo in OMV english_us is set
voice file location is /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices.

when i click the "espeak options" tab and click SAY LINE it reads the text out in a male english voice.
Yet when i open OviMaps still no voice welcome

What else do i need to do please

JJ

I have gotta say Blaizzen you are a star for developing this for us all. i only hope everyone appreciates all the time and work you have put into getting this sorted out for all us N900 users.

I am due and upgrade but dont see anything i like yet the E7 catches my eye yet seems to be dummer in a way to the N900..... a step down than up......seems a shame NOKIA didnt develop a new phone from the N900 as that would have been a better choice im sure.

JJ

I have noticed a few things since i installed the MAD DEVELOPER and tried getting the voice guidance for OviMaps sorted out on my N900
(see previous posts)

A....... When i plug my USB into PC it gives you 2 options MassStorage or PC Suite.I generally use PC Suite a lot as i can edit and send mess using PC Keyboard but now i am having difficulties in getting it to connect even though i chose the PC Suite. It says its connected in "storage mode" & in "non compatible" way.

B...... When i connect to Ovi Suite instead of showing the N900 pic it now shows the pic of a N95 which is one for my old phones.
Even doing a software support check didnt change things.
So i hope someone can help lol

Cheers JJ

Hi Blaizzen

But im still having problems.

my cities files goes like this.
cities/diskcache/0-9 a-f then clientindex/icons/safetyspots/shop/voices

So unsure where to put english files as the only file named VOICES i have is in the the diskcache folder
So i have made another folder named "voices" under CITIES file and added the files in there???? Is that right & if so shall i delete the other VOICES folder in DISKCACHE??
Thats correct, OMVS by default looks into cities/Voices. You can change it from the options, so it shouldn't matter to much though. Check the OMVS log and see what languages it has loaded, it should load any language it finds.

Also the zipped INDEX file when extracted shows a CHROME logo'd file named INDEX and its a html file
Unsure what u mean by replacing the old html file and how to do that or even find it.
Do i just drop that in the VOICES file i just made ??
You will need to gain access outside the MyDocs. Simpliest method I use is winSCP (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41422) You will need to navigate the Nokia-maps folder and drop the index.html file inside the html folder there (making a backup of the exisiting index file). The reason is we have modified the index file to have more features and allow talking to omvs.

Sorry if im asking dumb questions lol

At the mo in OMV english_us is set
voice file location is /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices.

when i click the "espeak options" tab and click SAY LINE it reads the text out in a male english voice.
Yet when i open OviMaps still no voice welcome

What else do i need to do please

JJ
OMVS wont have a welcome voice, I think someone programed the python server to do that. To test if voice commands work, go to the command tester tab and see if there is anything there. It should be filled with commands if everything is fine.

what bits do i need to edit to make the 'recalculate route' button huge when in full screen mode?

we don't have automatic route recalculation, but i think having a huge recalculate button would be just as good as you could punch your n900 with your finger.

the best i've been able to do is move the button down the screen to where i want it (250px), but the size is the same

.routingTopBar .nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice {^M
top:250px;^M

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
what bits do i need to edit to make the 'recalculate route' button huge when in full screen mode?

we don't have automatic route recalculation, but i think having a huge recalculate button would be just as good as you could punch your n900 with your finger.

the best i've been able to do is move the button down the screen to where i want it (250px), but the size is the same

.routingTopBar .nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice {^M
top:250px;^M
Locate this code in the html file
.nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice .nmp_NewRouteCalculationButtonBg {
background:transparent url(pfw/images/spices/maemobase/buttonbg.png) no-repeat left top;
position:absolute;
left:0;
top:0;
width:54px;
height:54px;
}

.nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice .nm_MouseDown .nmp_NewRouteCalculationButtonBg {
background:transparent url(pfw/images/spices/maemobase/buttonbg.png) no-repeat left -54px;
}
You will need to make a few changes. Under "\pfw\images\spices\maemobase" you'll need to make a new bigger buttonbg.png button image (ie buttonbg2.png). then change the name to point to the image. You will also need to change the width, height and left pixels to reflect the different image size.

If you use the attached image, the code will look like this:
.nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice .nmp_NewRouteCalculationButtonBg {
background:transparent url(pfw/images/spices/maemobase/buttonbg2.png) no-repeat left top;
position:absolute;
left:0;
top:0;
width:108px;
height:108px;
}

.nmp_NewRouteCalculationSpice .nm_MouseDown .nmp_NewRouteCalculationButtonBg {
background:transparent url(pfw/images/spices/maemobase/buttonbg2.png) no-repeat left -108px;
}
Hope that works
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post: