wait a moment, and I'll make a package. let's see if it works

The Following User Says Thank You to wwwjfy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
thanks it works well.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by wwwjfy View Post
I just began to try. And I don't quite understand your problem.
Though I think it's a bit weird, the contact number can be digits or letters. So I don't know why "-5747564@chat.facebook.com". could you give an example?
Well, for example...say I have a contact called Bob. with Bob, I use sms, gmail, skype and facebook chat. After importing back the sms's using wolke's script, all the sms's are assigned to the contact Bob.

For the Bob skype chat, a separate entry is created for him using his username (eg bob.skype). for his facebook chat, it is not under Bob, but -5747564@chat.facebook.com. Now I just noticed that other contacts and their facebook chats were imported into their respective contact along with the chat contents. Weird.

Possibly it is because the contacts for which the issues occur have more than one social contact associated with them.

Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Well, for example...say I have a contact called Bob. with Bob, I use sms, gmail, skype and facebook chat. After importing back the sms's using wolke's script, all the sms's are assigned to the contact Bob.
I don't know because I don't use these service and I don't know how to install them, so I have no idea what exactly the problem is.

In the util, it creates the group by the phone number, so if the number/id appears differently, they are considered as different groups, whether or not they're under a same contact.

So I guess the problem is the address "-5747564@chat.facebook.com" is not the same as the facebook information under the contact.

If you want all the chats appear in one group, the util needs tweaks.

I don't know because I don't use these service and I don't know how to install them, so I have no idea what exactly the problem is.
You don't need to install anything for facebook and skype chat. They are inbuilt. You just need an account.

If you want all the chats appear in one group, the util needs tweaks.
I have noticed at least one contact uses both skype and mobile calling, hence the same mobile number for both. This might have confused the issue with the importer.

You don't need to install anything for facebook and skype chat. They are inbuilt. You just need an account.

I have noticed at least one contact uses both skype and mobile calling, hence the same mobile number for both. This might have confused the issue with the importer.
I don't know, but they're not there as I'm in China...

I don't know, but they're not there as I'm in China...
seen this? http://makesyouhappy.org/?p=283

seen this? http://makesyouhappy.org/?p=283
Thanks, that works for me.

For your problem, if skype uses the same number with phone, I guess that's the problem.
the util groups messages by number only.
so if possible, some kind of group id need to be added to handle such situations.

Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
Does this program add sms when importing from file or completely replace all the sms on the phone with those that are in file?
the former, no duplication detection.
so if you want, you can export and merge two files.