Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I have some questions to the Nexus 5 folk:
I added a rom with multirom to try aliendalvik (it works) it is the 2.0.4.13 version.
I would like to apply a backup done in the 2.0.1.1 version but there is only the options "from memory card" and "from cloud services".
How can i do it?

Second, in this version the screen unlock combined with the proximity sensor (the double tap) is disappeared, could I get it back?

Third, as already said in another thread, we can't install keyboard predictions from terminal (jolla xt9), how can I get it since I have the files somewhere in the other Sailfish rom?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I added a rom with multirom to try aliendalvik (it works) it is the 2.0.4.13 version.
I would like to apply a backup done in the 2.0.1.1 version but there is only the options "from memory card" and "from cloud services".
How can i do it?

Second, in this version the screen unlock combined with the proximity sensor (the double tap) is disappeared, could I get it back?

Third, as already said in another thread, we can't install keyboard predictions from terminal (jolla xt9), how can I get it since I have the files somewhere in the other Sailfish rom?

Thanks
You could backup in your old rom to the cloud and restore the backup from the cloud in your new rom.
Other method would be to copy your home folder of the old rom to your new rom.

For the unlock you need to add mer-tools repo and instal mce-tools.
Code:
ssu ar mer-tools
pkcon refresh
pkcon install mce-tools
mcetool  --set-low-power-mode=enabled
You need jolla-xt9 rpm for the word predictions, but i think it is only available for jolla devices. Use pkcon or zypper to search for the package. If it is not available you need to get it off an official Jolla device or some other sources....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
jolla-xt9 found
Thank you for the commands, i didn't know they were related with the unlock!

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
How can i do it?

Thanks
Deactivate your device lock and copy the complete rom using 'cp -av rom rom-backup' from a second rom.

p.s. Ideally you have setup a second for instance sailfishos rom using multirom for this purposes, from a terminal of this second rom you do
Code:
devel-su 
cd /android/media/0/multirom/roms/
cp -av rom rom-backup

Last edited by BluesLee; 2017-02-10 at 05:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Do you mean from computer or terminal on the phone? Sorry I'm still learning to use the terminal properly.
The solution of @mautz to do an online backup isn't doable, in the older version of Sailfish there isn't this possibility, or I can't see it.

Update CM13 port:

So, after a month of running my cm13 port, i think its time to relese it in the next days. I'll compile a release build and test it a few days, to be sure that everything is working.

Working so far:

- everything except video recording

abranson and dstm from #sailfish-portes are working hard to solve this problem...thank you guys!

Since i'm trying to figure out how to build stuff on OBS, OTA is not working at the moment.

Release version will be 2.0.5.6 since many apps are not ported to QT5.6.

Stay tuned and thanks to all the awesome people from #sailfishos-porters who helped me!!

I'll talk to nh1402 to see if i can help to get a working sfdroid for cm13.

Another thank you goes out to minimec for writing his bt-sleep-monitor script which is a dirty, but nicely done workaround to give us suspend mode back.

Custom kernels are also coming.

Last edited by mautz; 2017-02-11 at 07:43.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Update CM13 port:

Working so far:

- everything except video recording
I guess you checked the current workaround to switch temporary to front and then to back camera again to get it working?

OTA support is crucial.

If everything is ready please open a new thread where you can update the first and most important post as the owner of the thread. The community can contribute to it and we can setup an up to date wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
I have a little problem with the 2.0.4.13, it doesn't let me choose the mobile network type (I use only.2G), I can't see the option in settings.
The strange thing is that sometimes I see ot, then it disappears.

I disabled the double touch because it freezes the phone several times, never happened with the older Sailfish build.

I have a little problem with the 2.0.4.13, it doesn't let me choose the mobile network type (I use only.2G), I can't see the option in settings.
The strange thing is that sometimes I see ot, then it disappears.

I disabled the double touch because it freezes the phone several times, never happened with the older Sailfish build.
Taken from the first post, try this to change the network settings
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.ofono /ril_0 org.ofono.RadioSettings.SetProperty string:TechnologyPreference variant:string:lte

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
The command works, but doesn't save the preference and after a reboot is back on 3G.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid