Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

If possible, I would like a script that can do the following...

Tapping anywhere on the screen stops the script and launches an executable file that I already have.

After that's done, this script request should fire back up again.

Any takers on this if it isn't a huge task?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Tapping anywhere on the screen stops the script and launches an executable file that I already have. After that's done, this script request should fire back up again.
So you want an app that opens a fullscreen window, when tapped it launches another app, hides itself and monitors for the other app to quit before resuming? Your tablet will only ever run that one app? Or does pressing the escape key abort the "script"?

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Heya boss!

Okay, this script is going to be used for Magnetic Scrolls, Tiny Fugue, and Frotz.

When I tap anywhere on the screen, I would like to fire up Xkbd.

I'll type whatever, then once I press Enter, Xkbd will then close and this script request will start up again searching for any screen presses.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
When I tap anywhere on the screen, I would like to fire up Xkbd. I'll type whatever, then once I press Enter, Xkbd will then close and this script request will start up again searching for any screen presses.
But how will the script close so you can use other apps? Are those three games launched from a script that also launches the script and kills the script when the game exits?

This is just one script request that I will use with three other apps.

I guess to answer your question better... is that the script will immediately stop once it detects a touch on the screen.

http://asui.garage.maemo.org/_download/screen-launcher

Code:
screen-launcher -c "echo 123" &
killall screen-launcher
When screen is tapped it runs the command and quits. The command should be a script that opens the keyboard in the foreground (no &) and then runs screen-launcher again with the same command to open keyboard. If you use a script to launch your game then add the screen-launcher command in there, before running the game in the foreground (no &) and then put the killall command after the game so it gets killed when the game exits.

The source is located at http://asui.garage.maemo.org/_downlo...een-launcher.c

Edit: be sure to chmod 755 screen-launcher