Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Sends a message that there's a huge disconnect between the folks that produce the stuff and the management that decides stuff.

Pretty big though indeed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I am so pissed of with Stephen Elop. Nokia was doing great until OPK left. All the problems started since Elop came. Ansi, & Jaaksi left and now Elop has totally destroyed the finnish company. Is there anything we as consumers can do to let the stock holders know our disapproval of Elop's plans? Surely this is not the way to go forward. What will happen to the Finnish economy? What about all the employees at nokia who have been working on symbian and meego?
Is there anything we can do to get our old nokia back??? Like an open letter to the stock holders to fire Elop and stop this madness??
Well, there's things you can do - even though it's unlikely they'll be successful if you're alone.

You can buy Nokias Symbian phones as long as they're available. (I enjoy my C7.) They said they plan to sell quite a few of them during the next years, so... Show them that Symbian is a powerful platform you want, while W7 is not.

If they release a MeeGo powered device, buy it. Show them that MeeGo is the powerful new platform you want, while W7 is not.

Avoid buying any W7 product, Nokia or other.

This is the only language anyone up there will understand. Imagine the situation Flop will find himself in if in February 2012 he has to present figures that show how W7 failed and how an improved Symbian and an exciting new MeeGo keep selling better and better. He will have to answer questions like "Who had this W7 idea in the first place? Why do you still keep this OS alive?"

Well... thats what you could do. And that's what would work 100% if you find enough people to join you. If you don't, you still have a phone. Well...

Last edited by benny1967; 2011-02-11 at 16:32.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Well, there's things you can do - even though it's unlikely they'll be successful if you're alone.

You can buy Nokias Symbian phones as long as they're available. (I enjoy my C7.) They said they plan to sell quite a few of them during the next years, so... Show them that Symbian is a powerful platform you want, while W7 is not.

If they release a MeeGo powered device, buy it. Show them that MeeGo is the powerful new platform you want, while W7 is not.

This is the only language anyone up there will understand. Imagine the situation Flop will find himself in if in February 2012 he has to present figures that show how W7 failed and how an improved Symbian and an exiting new MeeGo keep selling better and better. He will have to answer questions like "Who had this W7 idea in the first place? Why do you still keep this OS alive?"

Well... thats what you could do. And that's what would work 100% if you find enough people to join you. If you don't, you still have a phone. Well...
absolutely corerct, and thats what i wil ldo, i will get this meego device... but nokia wp7? NEVER EVER!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Support Qt, support MeeGo and when that device comes out, hope that it sells like crazy.
I am sorry, but this is a baseless dream - without money MeeGo quality will be the same as Maemo5 in Nokia hands. No support, no wishfull features... no big sell.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Obviously I will never buy a wp7 device. But the way nokia is putting everytxhing behind wp7, it will go bankrupt and elop will just go back to Microsoft with a sweet bonus. Looks like we the nokia fans who believed in a cross platform open os are going to be screwed.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post

This is the only language anyone up there will understand. Imagine the situation Flop will find himself in if in February 2012 he has to present figures that show how W7 failed and how an improved Symbian and an exiting new MeeGo keep selling better and better. He will have to answer questions like "Who had this W7 idea in the first place? Why do you still keep this OS alive?"

Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Nokia stock is down 14%.

I think the stockholders already know.
Sad thing is, Elop thought this was a fire extinguisher for the burning platform.

Is it possible to fire this guy? Does the board had prerogatives for that? Since this morning I can't breathe, so shocked!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
But seriously, Is it possible that Elop could be somehow fired by the Nokia board
Elop would not have made this announcement unless he knew he had the full backing of the Nokia board.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Another ex Microsoft guy gets Nokia position
http://bit.ly/gZwPMi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Sad thing is, Elop thought this was a fire extinguisher for the burning platform.
"It became necessary to destroy [Nokia] to save it."

Or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining