Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
my n900 is at nokia care. i think they are going to replace it with N8.
should i take N8 or claim for e7 .?
I prefer E7 for its full qwerty keyboard. is N8 better than E7 ?

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
you should demand for new N900 if yours was still under warranty. They also offered me an N8 but I refused so after a couple of days they gave me new N900. And this one has a new 2 years warranty so if it breaks......

but what if they don't have N900 in stock.??

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
well, I don't know laws in India, but you should see what is the best option for you. Not just take the new phone because they don't have the one you bought.

lets see what happens.. but i'll definately claim for E7 if they give me N8 instead.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
E7!!!

How about the N950?

N950.?? is this a joke..??

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
N950.?? is this a joke..??
Oops! I meant N9

i can't wait so long for the n9.. And its not coming to india either. so i have two choices between E7 or N8

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
i can't wait so long for the n9.. And its not coming to india either. so i have two choices between E7 or N8
I have an N8 which, to be honest, I use more than my N900 these days because of:

1) Better battery life - nearly twice the duration of my N900's new battery
2) Better camera - way, way better!
3) Xenon flash - very effective, but can't be used as a flashlight as N900
4) Two charging ports - pin & USB
5) Better (visual) screen quality - although capacitive has some disadvantages in day-to-day use.
6) Highly durable - the unibody ally construction and scratch-proof glass on the N8 trump the N900's plastic case.

The N900 is still the more accomplished device for technical work and of course you have more control over the device with Maemo than with Symbian, but the N8 rocks as a day-to-day device.

The only thing I'd miss with the E7 would be the AF camera (and even then, only when taking macro shots) otherwise EDoF does a fine job for general sbnapping and is certainly better at capturing the moment and/or impromptu snapping when you don't have the time to frame and setup the shot.

The E7's screen is huge and bright, with deep blacks and Symbian is actually getting quite interesting in its old age.

If I was in your position I'd have the E7 - the keyboard is the main way you interface with the device and is very good and everything else is more than good enough unless you do detailed macro shots a lot, in which case I'd forgo the keyboard and screen and go for the N8 - it works well for me