02 here. No text alert of an update yet.

Is flashing a global firmware actually useful? WIll it cause any problems?

I'm in thr UK and got the update on the day it came out. I think I better check if I am on global firmware. Is there any easy way to do that before the UK one gets released?
The reason I don't know is I recently got my n900 replaced due to faulty usb charging port, and got sent a replacement (which had a bi bulging keyboard-frame-bit at the bottom of the keyboard). So they must have sent me back a global firmware replacement. Is there any extras to he UK variant? I will probably want to flash to thatanyway when it comes out, which is annoying having to do that when I managed to update ver the air this time

i have had same txt and tried via PC updater but still says no update available

Same here jay, just connected to Ovi Suite and it found no updates... just have to keep waiting I guess...

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Just got a text, but no OTA. Not checked online yet... might wait it out a bit anyways...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
I'm in thr UK and got the update on the day it came out. I think I better check if I am on global firmware. Is there any easy way to do that before the UK one gets released?
Go into System->Settings->About Product and check the version number. I'm running the UK firmware and the version number ends in 203.1, I think the Vodaphone one ends with 205.<something> and the global is MR0.<something>.

I don't think there are any extras to the UK one, though I wish I had known that earlier. I bought my n900 second-hand a couple of months ago so I reflashed shortly after getting it and thought I had better use the UK firmware, now I wish I had just used the global one.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
The reason I don't know is I recently got my n900 replaced due to faulty usb charging port, and got sent a replacement (which had a bi bulging keyboard-frame-bit at the bottom of the keyboard). So they must have sent me back a global firmware replacement. Is there any extras to he UK variant? I will probably want to flash to thatanyway when it comes out, which is annoying having to do that when I managed to update ver the air this time
Settings -> About - what does the version say?

I just got my message too! Party time. I am at work so I wont know if there is an update till 8pm.

Hopefully there will be an OTA update before then.

im in uk and updated to pr1.3 in about product it says
version 20.2010.36-2 that is uk right. Then today i got another meamo update was called meamo themes whats that about?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I'm going to flash for this update (purely because its near 'flashing time' anyway for me) soooo, do I go for UK (again) or global variant - what are the differences?