Active Topics

Notices

Thanks Bonapart and Sakya. This emulator is amazing and I'm glad you guys are still working on it. <3

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Do you know for sure that sakya has abandoned the project or did you just say that because it takes him a while to reply?

I don't think he's abandoned it, but I honestly wouldn't blame him. The sources of psx4m are a mess ;p

Are there any essential maemo-specific fixes in place for the N900-port or does the port only touch the gui and controls, bonapart?

So I just finished Final Fantasy 9 using this. Had exactly one graphical glitch in one specific boss spell in over 50 hours, but it didn't even affect gameplay (just some missing graphics). It was my first time playing the game and I must say I really liked it. The characters are great and after the mess that was Final Fantasy 8 (imo), I'm glad they went back to their roots with this one. Not sure why I waited so long to play it, to be honest, but I'm glad I finally ended up doing it. One of the best JRPGS I've ever played and a reminder of just how good Squaresoft used to be at producing them.

If you guys like JRPGs, this one is great and it's fully playable on psx4m with the rearmed core. Sound also works well for the most part, with only a few hiccups here and there (my n900 was overclocked to 900mhz btw).

Next up, Breath of Fire 3.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Try Grandia I'n currently playing it it's great and working smooth also very good sound!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
im almost finished with FF8 - this series has the best games ever, and the emulator works perfectly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
I sent Sakya a PM a couple of days ago (about a week now, I think? Forgot to set my profile to save sent messages), but he hasn't responded yet despite having logged in several times between then and now.

Welp...

bonapart, does the package contain any N900-specific fixes or is it all purely GUI?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
small subsets of code is n900 specific
maemo directory, makefile, configure, debian directory, small part of gles plugin, main.c

p.s. code - http://notaz.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi , source package here - http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...d/0.4.0.14.12/ , just use diff tool to see whats exactly should be fixed to compile new code ;-)

Last edited by bonapart; 2012-12-06 at 04:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
I sent Sakya a PM a couple of days ago (about a week now, I think? Forgot to set my profile to save sent messages), but he hasn't responded yet despite having logged in several times between then and now.
Sorry, I read your message but forgot to reply.
I'm very busy at the moment and I don't have spare time to update the emulator.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
First of all,

Let me start by praising all of you here for your hard work for getting this together..Theres nothing sweeter than the thought of playing final fantasy 8 and 9 on my N900.

Problem is when i try to grab
psx4m-gui either through App Manager (Error) or even manually the .deb file is no longer available for download

Can sum1 upload file for me plsssssssssss

and a step by step noob guide so i can join this train

Thanks for your help guys

Love you all

Pls guys i need this Playstation Emulator badlyyy..Help me guys..

Bonapart and sakya plsssssssssssss

Tags
bada rox, emulators, sausage ii, sneeze loud