I've seen a few threads on screen protectors, but there's one thing I haven't seen anybody comment on that I'm curious about: are there any screen protectors that are particularly easy to touch & drag on? My current screen protector is somewhat rubbery, and it makes swiping/dragging difficult ... can't stand it. Has anybody had better luck?!

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I'm not convinced by these screen protector things. Either think about a case if it's kept in a bag, or if in a pocket store it with the screen facing towards your leg and don't keep anything else in that pocket.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
Clarivue. Their screen protectors are perfectly clear, smooth, and it does not affect screen responsiveness as far as I can tell. And since they always give you 2 protectors in the pack it's a deal you can't beat. I use their protectors on all my screens.

I buy all my screen protectors from DCMugen on eBay. They always come in packs of 3, are cut properly, are cheap, are crystal clear, and are protective. In the case of n900 protectors, once I got a normal amount of finger-grease on them, they are smoother/silkier on swipes than the screen without a protector.

@cashcliental: Just out of curiosity, what aren't you convinced about? Screen protectors protect screens, and an unprotected screen is 99.32% (yes, that's an exact figure) more likely to get scratched than a protected one.

I like the feel of the wrapsol protectors. A little more grip, but they really help with the fingerprints and are stylus friendly.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
I have used quite a few including the Zagg which I did not like. I am now using this cheap one off ebay and its the best I have used yet.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170422956376

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
I've had the phantomskinz ever since I got the device a couple months ago.

Smooth: I like the feel better than the screen itself. To me, its just the right amount of resistance. If you use the stylus or a fingernail it slides really easily, using your finger it kinda depends on how much surface area you are using, meaning that when you use the tips of your finger (like when doing a normal swipe) it easily glides but if you put the whole pad there is a decent amount more (slowly scrolling through a list/webpage) making it move very deliberately.

Tough: haven't had any issues, but really haven't had any scares either. Its held up for a few months of intermittent stylus use and looks just as good as the day it was first installed. It did have a low-height fall onto a semi-sharp edge and it created a scuff that buffed right out.

Clear: Unnoticeable. Well, unnoticeable on the actual screen. You can definitely see it at the edges (partly my fault on the install), but its not instantly noticeable and again I'm just referring to the edges, 100% clear on the actual screen itself. I didn't use my phone without the protector that long so I can't comment on whether it has affected brightness at all but even if it does the screen is still plenty bright for me (I suspect it does not have a noticeable effect).

For me personally, despite the tricky install (prepare to screw it up the first time...luckily they send 2 protectors) it has met and exceeded my expectations.

Lexerd (amazon.com) feel like the 900's screen. I have a Zagg, so I'm familiar with the "rubbery feel", and the Lexerd is nothing like it. I did a key scratch test, and while it left indentations, it was somewhat smoothed away with a few rubs with the finger. Installation is also "peel-n-stick".

Originally Posted by torsen View Post
I have used quite a few including the Zagg which I did not like. I am now using this cheap one off ebay and its the best I have used yet.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170422956376
Based on the shape, I believe that is the screen protector that came with my case that I bought off of amazon from seller podjunkie. I have had the screen protector on for a good month and a half and I have no scratches on it at all, I'm very happy with it. I use the stylus and my finger nail on the screen regularly. It also applies very nicely with no air bubbles.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Bought 3x for $4 from sak.gaming@ebay
They first sent me some without cut out, it's when the N900 first came out. They sent me replacements that have cut out correctly later.

Pretty much they are the same generic one being sold by every seller from Hong Kong.

Clear, only slightly touch is needed just like without protector, smooth to swipe, stylus works well, perfectly happy.

I have used something similar, if not the same, on my 5800 for 8 months.
Only a little scratch on it so far (and it's dirty cheap to replace anyway),

I have also tried the much more expensive "invisible shield", the same thing used on protecting car's bumper... Big mistake, hard to apply, orange peel look, not smooth, sticky/rubbery feel on swipe...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post: