Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
I also have all my music also in 64 bps AAC. I am using iTunes to manage my music and have embedded the cover art in the AAC -files. This works very well. You need to embed the cover and not use the Apple style cover art as that is not embedded.
To be more specific, my files are aac+; I think i-Tunes only supports aac.(??)
I have embedded covers with mp3tag to the files, but didn't work with my aac+ files. Same works with mp3 files.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mkkyah View Post
To be more specific, my files are aac+; I think i-Tunes only supports aac.(??)
I have embedded covers with mp3tag to the files, but didn't work with my aac+ files. Same works with mp3 files.
Yeah might be true that iTunes only supports AAC not AAC+.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Right, as the bug says, all non-mp3 files exhibit this problem. This has nothing to do with embedded art. Seems like we need to clone tracker git, branch out to version 0.6.95, apply the patch, compile it, then just copy the raw tracker-extract executable over. I don't have the SDK set up right now to do it
You don't need to pullanything fron Git, the patch should apply cleanly in the latest Maemo version.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You don't need to pullanything fron Git, the patch should apply cleanly in the latest Maemo version.
Cool, thanks for the patch. Any chance you have the binary already? It would save me a night of installing scratchbox

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Cool, thanks for the patch. Any chance you have the binary already? It would save me a night of installing scratchbox
This is what I use:
http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/trac...+0m5_armel.deb

Note: PR1.3 only. It has an extra similar patch included that also helps with some album art not recognised for no visible reason. See http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/tracker/README and http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/tracker/ for the source.

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-12-15 at 00:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
It didn't seem to work for me with FLAC files and a cover.jpg in the same directory. I installed with
dpkg -i tracker_0.6.95-35maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
and didn't get any errors. Also tried a reboot, and
tracker-processes -r
a few times to reset. I even copied in a new folder and that didn't get an image recognized. Is there any way to debug tracker when it runs?

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
I have also installed as dpkg -i tracker_0.6.95-35maemo1+0m5_armel.deb from terminal.
It seems like it worked for me (with aac+). Indexing still continues.
I will also check it with Flac and let you know.

Acc+ files with cover.jpg in the forlder are fine.
Embedded covers still not working.
I'm not sure if this happened after the patch, tracker is not indexing Flac files. I mean, I cant see any Flac files under albums or songs listing. (restarted, cleared cache etc.) Flacs are there and I can choose them from file manager or filebox, they are playable without cover.

I have no idea about FLACs, as I do not use the extra decoders support. I do not think the patches would cause new issues with FLACs, but rather than upgrading the package probably overwrote something related to the Extra decoders package.

javispedro & jflatt Thanks for so far; that solved my aac+ library problem.

Can someone with standard tracker+extra decoders support confirm that Flacs are indexed in media player?