Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by harrihakulinen View Post
Yes, so far they should be from same h/w revison.

There can and will be minor differences in future, but nothing that is "lower" spec than originally.
The SIM slot is a bit iffy and certainly needs a tweak!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
The SIM slot is a bit iffy and certainly needs a tweak!
There's definitely major problem with the SIM slot. The microswitch is too sensitive to little changes (a very weak press on the TOH may break connection).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I agree, I've taken to keeping it in my least tight pocket (Jacket pocket > back jean pocket > front jean pocket).

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I agree, I've taken to keeping it in my least tight pocket (Jacket pocket > back jean pocket > front jean pocket).
Hooking the gold triangle over the edge of the SIM card (using a length of cotton thread lassoed around the gold triangle for lift) solves the disconnect, but obviously new devices coming off the production line shouldn't have this problem.

Thanks to skvark for detailing this particular solution on together.jolla.com.

Just realised there's no way to link directly to a specific comment on together.jolla.com...

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Hooking the gold triangle over the edge of the SIM card (using a length of cotton thread lassoed around the gold triangle for lift) solves the disconnect, but obviously new devices coming off the production line shouldn't have this problem.

Thanks to skvark for detailing this particular solution on together.jolla.com.

http://relativity.fi/jolla_sim/sim_problem.JPG

Just realised there's no way to link directly to a specific comment on together.jolla.com...
The microswitch may break easily when doing the hooking and obviously it's not permanent solution. Someone cut the edge of the sim card more thin and reported that it worked too (it's better to modify the card than the 399€ phone).

The Following User Says Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Yes, we really could do with some official input on this problem... what the best solution is, whether hooking is likely to break the microswitch etc. or if a software fix is possible (ignore the SIM sensor).

I'm not sure that trimming my SIM would help as the gold triangle barely touches the SIM card as it is (unless I lift it over).

Last edited by Milhouse; 2014-01-02 at 23:25.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ France
The Jolla phone has the same chipset Qualcomm MSM8930AA than HTC One, this one support LTE fréquencies in following flavor : 800/1800/2600 MHz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xillibit For This Useful Post:
Regarding the SIM card, I haven't experienced any issue just yet, but it is clear that there are different ones, and I guess that a very slight difference can affect your experience. I'll keep my eyes open and test more. For info, my Jolla isn't my main phone just yet, hence I'm swapping SIM cards with the N9 all the time without issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Regarding the SIM card, I haven't experienced any issue just yet, but it is clear that there are different ones, and I guess that a very slight difference can affect your experience. I'll keep my eyes open and test more. For info, my Jolla isn't my main phone just yet, hence I'm swapping SIM cards with the N9 all the time without issue.
Well, if you do press on the other half exactly where the SIM card is, it does disconnect and the phone wants to reboot. Luckily, you can tell it "reboot later" and the phone still works as a phone.

Not ideal, but not sure what Jolla can do about it? Maybe provide a sturdier other half? Hopefully this won't happen when I get my physical keyboard other half ;-)

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Happens to me too and once disconnected call when I jumped when on phone.
So what way it should be? My simcard pushes switch much but still not enought?.

I am thinking to put piece of plastic between sim and switch.