Closed Thread
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I'm in. When do we start our own forums there (and not linking to tmo)?
Lets all just PM Reggie and ask him to secede from the union.........
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Lets all just PM Reggie and ask him to secede from the union.........
Trouble is, maemo.org is on model deeds, so nokia get to keep the real estate. We could move the community

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Trouble is, maemo.org is on model deeds, so nokia get to keep the real estate. We could move the community

I still access this community at Internettablettalk.com daily
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I can't contribute with much but money (for hosting fees, etc) BUT...if there was a way to establish a maemo community with forums on another site I would be all for it - IF it could be built/structured in such a way that N770, N800 and N810 users could co-exist there on equal grounds
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
And what would be the other option? How can it be made sure that this meego thing is a proper continuation of the maemo community?

I really would be sad to see the future of my devices and the community part. (Now that I started to feel the need to contribute.)

Personally I rather invest my time (money?) into making sure all the values of maemo survive.

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following User Says Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Well it was an honour to serve on the last two maemo.org community councils. Never quite sure what I was supposed to be doing, never quite sure what Nokia was doing until I read about it on talk.maemo.org, never quite sure how much Nokia was listening, never quite sure that anybody at maemo.org was listening and never quite sure that anybody at talk.maemo.org was listening, either

It will be an interesting new world for the Transitional Council being elected in a few weeks... Now you'll have even more people and companies that you're never quite sure are listening to you! And you'll know that the people in Nokia and Intel will never be quite listening to each other, and their professional developer community, let alone the amateur enthusiast community that was formerly known as talk.maemo.org.

Yep. I'm seeing a place for People Who Make Themselves Heard on the next council.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yeah, in hindsight, the tattoos were a bad idea.
Well you can cover the ones on your cheeks just by letting your beard get thick. But, hey, like someone else pointed out, they're collectors' items now.

Last edited by qole; 2010-02-15 at 20:39.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
silvermountain, et al:

Seriously, there's no going back. The number of active N900 users far outnumbers the active NIT community. We all need to live with that fact, and stop talking about forming little spin-off communities for sub-groups of the community. Especially in this time of upheaval, we really need to stick together. That's what a community is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Especially in this time of upheaval, we really need to stick together. That's what a community is.
I found, that during transition sticking together, making sure that we communicate our needs and proposals bears better results than during peaceful times.

I would guess that Nokia and Intel might have the product strategy, but they do not have the details and all the practical steps. So, if we come up w things early, we might just catch them in a vulnerable state.

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Should I hand out the song sheets for 'Kumbaya' yet?

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-02-15 at 20:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
silvermountain, et al:

Seriously, there's no going back. The number of active N900 users far outnumbers the active NIT community. We all need to live with that fact, and stop talking about forming little spin-off communities for sub-groups of the community. Especially in this time of upheaval, we really need to stick together. That's what a community is.
You can't blame people for wanting to take their destiny in their own hands can you Qole? If you have to start over, there is no better time than the present to get it all out on the table.

It seems like a great time to start a forum that is NOT associated with any specific company. IMO

and by the way, no companies are needed to be a community...... We actually started out that way.......

Last edited by penguinbait; 2010-02-15 at 21:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council