Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
... even though it's kind of lame to announce things through twitter.
Actually, for a company that claims to respect openness and freedom and butterflies, it's the most bizarre thing to communicate almost exclusively through a closed, proprietary channel such as twitter. That doesn't earn them good karma.

Last edited by benny1967; 2012-10-17 at 13:40.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Actually, for a company that claims to respect openness and freedom and butterflies, it's the most bizarre thing to communicate almost exclusively through a closed, proprietary channel such as twitter. That doesn't earn them good karma.
Yes, saying nothing I could respect (although it would be frustrating to us wannabe fanbois), but having Twitter as your official face to the world just seems flaky. But, I'm an old coot...

Yep. Let them use open channels - Diaspora, Identi.ca and so on. No mandatory Twitter and FB please.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I would even understand that they use twitter just because of the userbase. I do not understand that they don't also post on identi.ca or some other federated status.net installation. Isn't there even a way to automatically mirror your content so you can cater both worlds with one dent/tweet?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Yep. Let them use open channels - Diaspora, Identi.ca and so on. No mandatory Twitter and FB please.
Or just a simple (official) website...

- short description of jolla and what they are trying to do.
- Top structure of the company(CEO presentation)
- E-mail to company (phone later)
- Official statements(press releases).

that's required for now, nothing more needed. or do you need any thing else atm? The main goal is that all users have an official spot to look @, but also to refer to when i'm promoting jolla for anyone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-17 at 15:29.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Or just a simple (official) website...

- short description of jolla and what they are trying to do.
- Top structure of the company(CEO presentation)
- E-mail to company (phone later)
- Official statements(press releases).

that's required for now, nothing more needed. or do you need any thing else atm? The main goal is that all users have an official spot to look @, but also to refer to when i'm promoting jolla for anyone.
Also, a hardware keyboard.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Why do you need a keyboard on their website now? Read the post again please.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
not............

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I agree but think of it: They a VERY small company and almost of them are geeks and not marketing guys/girls.

BUT I agree that is very dangerous to not have a big marketing team too... Sound more and more they will only release one phone and then die.

Or maybe there is another big coropration who really has intrests in "theyr" OS and Jolla is just a smoke what will come up from that other company later (hint: nokia? even if it really looks not likelly atm...)

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
You know, individual employees are quite active on IRC and related mailing lists (Mer, Nemo) too. #jollamobile on irc.freenode.net

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla