Active Topics

Poll: Would You miss the Council if it was gone?
Poll Options
Would You miss the Council if it was gone?

Closed Thread
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
...you look at the pure fact this community is now falling apart as said by many of its members (not me) then what has the Council achived here?
Judging by the reaction to your comments I think the community is doing just fine.
Just because people do not agree with your comments does not mean the community is falling apart.
Only from your point of view things seem different - borderline delusional.

In fact the only positive thing out of this debacle is that the community has pulled together against you.

You should be proud of that yourself!

..run and controlled by idiots that want to rule every member then so be it... the very reason people and most importantly PROGRAMMERS are leaving so learn community ... learn.
Unlike yourself - intent on forcing your opinions on other members and appearing to attempt to rule many threads in this forum.

PROGRAMMERS are joining....learn.

For the record I like my n900, it's not perfect - no USB host or easy bluetooth connections with keyboards & mice, Flash 10.1 - I'm indifferent about it but understand many people want it and Nokia should provide it.
Very little communication from Nokia and the closed-source drivers in maemo really annoys me.

Just because people like their n900 does not mean they are fanbois.

Edit (should make this on-topic):
Remember that the council are run by vounteers and donate their free time (a precious commodity).
But unfortunately are "the piggy in the middle" between a very mute company and members who are often kept in the dark about maemo developments - until members (with credibility) give us the information that Nokia should be formally announcing (but don't).

Last edited by johnel; 2010-08-12 at 18:52.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
And the least, we can do, is give feedback on these consolidated views. If we haven't done so recently and the council feels that we are not listening, then I'm more than happy to work on getting back on track. Jaffa, texrat? Shoot.
I'll overlook that you chose to ignore the question about how you want to address that there at the least is a strong perception w/in the community that Nokia is not listening. Mostly due to that I don't think you will/can address it and I don't want to read another canned, generic marketing reply.

However, since Texrat commented saying he was not sure if you had received the feedback and is asking to email it to you I'd say that might be the first 'evidence' that you are "not listening".

In an earlier post I suggested having a master list of issues/tasks that were brought to Nokia - and if there were left un-answered that list would simply say so, stating the last date of communication attempt and the communication point.

IF there would be such a list, Peter, would you be willing to update it with official feedback/answers on a regular basis - or ensure that it's done? If not, how does issues/tasks brought to Nokia's attention that does not get any answers ever get resolved?

I do think it's great that you're stepping up and willing to 'work to get this back on track". How do you want to do that?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I will point something out to you johnel that i actually now own no less than 5 N900's and one of them i have modded to hell and it does actually run usb otg because i did the wiring mods needed which incidenly is also the reason i know they will never get host working without internal modding !.

Now i have a GOOD reason to be peed off if this stupid company NOKIA dumps on us, now IF your brain can understand this then you might stop digging at me along with the other fanboys.

This is my last post on this thread by the way i now bow out, have said enough.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This is my last post on this thread by the way i now bow out, have said enough.
Can we please get back to bashing "people like Silvermountain" now then?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm going to go ahead and close this for now. I think we've moved to the point that any remaining legitimate questions for the council can go in the Ask the Council thread, and there are already threads here and there for the various subtopics being discussed.

If anyone wants the thread reopened, please use Report This and provide a reason.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-08-12 at 20:07.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community, council, maemo.org