Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Use "dpkg-deb -x" to extract the contents to a temporary working directory.
Use "dpkg-deb --control" to yank out the debian/control files to the temp dir.
Modify your control file with your favourite editor and then repackage the entire directory using "dpkg -b".
sorry for coming back on this again but this has me stumped.
(fed up of having to downgrade and upgrade every day to install /update)

All from ssh as root

- I extract
Code:
Nokia-N900:/var/tmp# dpkg-deb -x /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/osso-wlan/osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5-1_armel.deb  /var/tmp/remod2/
- get the control file

Code:
Nokia-N900:/var/tmp# dpkg-deb --control /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/osso-wlan/osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5-1_armel.deb  /var/tmp/remod2/DEBIAN/
- edit the line 'Version' to remove the -1 in nano

- Write out the new deb

Code:
Nokia-N900:/var/tmp/remod2# dpkg -b /var/tmp/remod2/ /var/tmp/remod2/osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5_armel.deb
dpkg-deb: building package `osso-wlan' in `/var/tmp/remod2/osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5_armel.deb'.
tar: unrecognized option `--format=gnu'
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) multi-call binary

Usage: tar -[czxtvO] [-X FILE] [-f TARFILE] [-C DIR] [FILE(s)]...

dpkg-deb: subprocess tar -cf returned error exit status 1
i have a osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5_armel.deb, but its 0 kb..

Sorry for the big post, but after a few hours mucking about im at a loss (first time doing this, im sure youre shocked to hear)
any help would be appreciated

EDIT: incase anyone else is trying this it can be written out again with pypackager aparently, not got round to doing it myself though cos of other issues

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-04-19 at 13:15. Reason: many edits since i worked something out just as i posted

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
when I use the wl1251 wifi driver and start mobile hotspot I always have instant reboot. I have to keep in mind to unload it for mobile hotspot to work. I have not seen this mentioned before. is it not so for others?

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
^^ Same here!

ihi all im having some problems with the drivers, while i try to load the injection drivers using load.sh or faircrack v 0.3 i get errors while trying to load

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enshot03k.png/

and i dont know what to do

worked great at first, then i uninstalled neopwn and the injection drivers wont work anymore, i even reinstalled faircrack and the drivers

all help is good

thanks in advance

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ planet earth i guess
hi - can owner of patch send update for newest kernel-power ?

tx

Originally Posted by -miniME- View Post
hi - can owner of patch send update for newest kernel-power ?

tx
No need to patch anything. Just load your modules as normal. Latest power kernel works fine with bleeding edge.

Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
ihi all im having some problems with the drivers, while i try to load the injection drivers using load.sh or faircrack v 0.3 i get errors while trying to load

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enshot03k.png/

and i dont know what to do

worked great at first, then i uninstalled neopwn and the injection drivers wont work anymore, i even reinstalled faircrack and the drivers

all help is good

thanks in advance
You could try to edit load.sh to point it directly to all the modules (these are only 6)
See my load.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Save mac address
MACADDR="`ifconfig wlan0 | sed -n 's/.*HWaddr \([0-9A-Fa-f:]\+\).*/\1/p'`"
# Unload wifi modules
rmmod wl1251_spi 2>/dev/null
rmmod wl1251 2>/dev/null
rmmod wl12xx 2>/dev/null
rmmod mac80211 2>/dev/null
rmmod cfg80211 2>/dev/null
rmmod rfkill_backport 2>/dev/null
rmmod compat_firmware_class 2>/dev/null
rmmod compat 2>/dev/null
# Load bleeding-edge wl1251
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/compat.ko
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/rfkill_backport.ko
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/cfg80211.ko
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/mac80211.ko
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/wl1251.ko
insmod /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless/wl1251_spi.ko
# Restore mac address
ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether "$MACADDR"

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
No need to patch anything. Just load your modules as normal. Latest power kernel works fine with bleeding edge.
No I don't think so... As Pali clearly said that kernel power v47 does not support bleeding edge driver. It may load the necessary modules successfully but it that doesn't mean it would also allow monitor mode which is the main requirement for pentesting.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
No I don't think so... As Pali clearly said that kernel power v47 does not support bleeding edge driver. It may load the necessary modules successfully but it that doesn't mean it would also allow monitor mode which is the main requirement for pentesting.
I think someone didn't read what Pali said properly - or Pali didn't explain himself clearly, whatever. I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Anyway, yes, monitor mode and injection BOTH WORK with power kernel 47. Just as they did on 46-wl.

What it doesn't do is come with them included by default. You still have to manually load the respective injection capable modules. BUT, once you've loaded them, everything works fine. As was said at the very beginning of this thread, the ONLY difference between power46 and power46-wl was that cfg80211 was compiled as a module instead of statically linked (so that you could unload 'normal' cfg80211 and load the injection supporting one).

power47 includes that change, so you can unload and load cfg80211 modules as necessary - by extension, if you have the modules you can load them, and they work identically in power47 and power46-wl.

Afer lots of swearing and fiddling around forever with a non-functional Wlan card (following a mischievous upgrade from Nokia), I installed the b-e drivers and finally my N900 is a working unit.

Thanks a million! I just have to find out how to make the drivers the default (don't laugh at me, I am getting there in spite of being a noob, learning by doing).

And: Yes, I've donated. I couldn't have seriously used the N900 without these drivers.

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251