Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Since the latest update i cant view images anymore in gallery.
Opening the gallery does bring me the thumbnails but clicking an item doesnt bring up the image. It loads for a couple of seconds but doesnt show anything. Clicking the screen will give me the menu to share and pully gives me the ambience but the image is never shown.

I'm the first one :-) ?

edit: Only in the photos section it doesnt work. Facebook works...
Seems that after reboot you can do whatever with those pics, like modify etc and you see the pic. U just Dont see it when clicking from thumbnail.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Yes, you've the same?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
This morning on the way in to work I was listening to music over a bluetooth Nokia BH-221 (which is now acceptably loud even when not at max volume compared to my N9).

However, at the same time I got a call. The music wasn't interrupted and the call ringtone went through the phone's speaker. By the time I'd worked out the unfamiliar ringtone was coming from my pocket, I missed the call so I don't know if the call would have gone over the headset or phone.

IIRC the N9 used to switch bluetooth profiles from A2DP headphones to bluetooth headset mode. Maybe that's not happening?

edit: Just tested this again in the office.

So what happens is that...

1) the music on the headphones stops.
2) the Jolla plays the First One ringtone (with people cheering), which sounded like the music track I was playing.
3) the Nokia BH-221 plays the Nokia ringtone!
4) the call goes through the BH-221 just fine.

What used to happen with my N9 was both the N9 and the headset played my chosen ringtone. The Jolla/BH-221 combo plays two different ringtones.

Hearing the Nokia ringtone again was plain weird. ;-)

Last edited by aegis; 2013-12-17 at 13:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
Google accounts keep logging out.
This may have to do with switching from WLAN to 3G and back. It doesn't happen every time, but a change of IP address seems to be a good trigger. Sometimes a gear icon appears in notifications, but even this is not reliable: sometimes I just suspect something and check. Maybe the notification would have appeared in due course.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Since the latest update i cant view images anymore in gallery.
Opening the gallery does bring me the thumbnails but clicking an item doesnt bring up the image. It loads for a couple of seconds but doesnt show anything. Clicking the screen will give me the menu to share and pully gives me the ambience but the image is never shown.

I'm the first one :-) ?

edit: Only in the photos section it doesnt work. Facebook works...
Same here.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Two more, sorry about spamming the thread...

I just got a call. The phone was on the table, and I had a BT headset. I selected Answer on the top menu, but heard nothing on the headset. I did hear my friend quietly on the phone speaker. I had to tap the headset icon to get on with the call. This has happened before, but I had already forgotten about it. The headset is Jabra Wave+. Answering with the headset button works as expected.

Edit: forgot the other half The browser seems to sometimes ignore textareas, i.e. they cannot be activated for writing. Or else I'm spamming too much

Last edited by jsiren; 2013-12-17 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsiren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Just did

pkcon install htop

in terminal which worked fine and now I've my favourite top clone but I've also got a blank icon on the 'desktop' for htop.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Gallery bug me too. Seems that all old images under Camera-directory do not get shown in gallery nor under camera. Only thumbnails. You can edit them in gallery through tumbnails, and any new pictures are shown ok.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
My second day with Jolla and I need to get this off my chest...

Email Bug: You only get a single email alert for the first new email, then no alerts for subsequent new emails until you read the first. This was a bug in Harmattan, so disappointing to see that after 2+ years of waiting, Jolla have seen fit to repeat the same mistakes.

Notes Bug: Notes app will hang if you open the context menu on a note then dismiss the menu without selecting a menu item - app is unresponsive thereafter.

Google account bug: Google account keeps signing out several times in 2 days now, requiring re-authentication. Pretty sure there was a similar bug for this in Harmattan too...

Twitter: Event feed shows only the last 10 tweets - this is pretty hopeless, why not the last 100 which is a much more reasonable number to show? Also, there is no conversation context when selecting a tweet to read, again this makes it far less usable as a way to access Twitter. And once again, Harmattan had these same problems (though it would at least show a greater number of tweets than just 10).

Web browser: Is... bad. The UI with the blue bar is really quite nasty, and the fact the browser always re-opens the last web site is unforgivable - since the only way to search the web is to open the browser, you end up wasting valuable data re-opening the last web site (which you don't want) before you can enter your new search. How about an option to use a blank "home" page? Also, without landscape support, rendering in portrait looks very bad - pretty sure there are some major font issues going on (not surprising with Gecko). The Harmattan Webkit browser was way better, particularly in portrait.

Virtual Keyboard: No long presses to access symbols, punctuation and numbers - WTF?! The Jolla vkb is possibly one of the worst (ie. most basic, limited) vkb's I've used in a long while.

People app bug: No way to ignore (filter out) SMS contacts. I had to put my SIM into an old phone to remove all the SIM contacts that "People" insisted on showing to me.

Fonts: The font used for icon titles is horrible and spindly, it looks like crap. Really, crap. Thicken up the strokes, please.

Icons: The icon for "People" is really cheesy and not suitable if your contacts contain mostly business people rather than family. It's an inappropriate icon and should be changed for something more generic. This may sound petty, but this isn't a childs toy, however that's exactly what it looks like. On the subject of "People", why has this changed from "Contacts"? What if my "People" app is actually full of businesses? Daft name for the contacts app.

There are some things that are nice about Sailfish (eg. covers), but unfortunately there are also a fairly large number of application design decisions that haven't really progressed from Harmattan days and now 2 years on, that's just not acceptable. Several of the apps are very basic, and have certainly regressed in terms of functionality since the days of Harmattan (no push Google email?! No native Skype?)

I've owned every Internet Tablet, N900 and N9/N950, and it pains me to say that Jolla is not showing the kind of progress one might expect after these 2 years. Maybe it's because the OS is still beta software, though personally I'd describe it as alpha, but I do really, really hope there are a bunch of major functionality improvements just weeks away. There has to be if this is to be taken seriously. Communicating these impending updates (what is coming etc.) to set expectations is critical for Jolla to maintain interest as right now, Sailfish and Jolla is actually a step or two back from Harmattan and N9 in terms of functionality and usability. And I really didn't think that would be possible as we enter 2014.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-17 at 15:04.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Phone app - showing the last action with a contact is nice but unable to select which action to perform next is wrong. If we can only make phonecalls from this app than please only show the history in calls and leave sms out. If we can perform more actions from the phone app, I'm happy to see the updates coming... (eg. clicking the contact gives the options to call / text / mail) instead of directly calling...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post: