Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
What emulator do you use?
I'm using YouWave, but that is not free and not 100% bug free either.
I read some stuff about the Intel android emulator, but I didn't have time to try this. BTW, this is rather off-topic of a topic marked as "development".

The Following User Says Thank You to FrankT For This Useful Post:
http://bluestacks.com/

works perfect and its free!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrHelix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by DrHelix View Post
http://bluestacks.com/

works perfect and its free!
i am using this but most of the time outside the house so no way we take the laptop with us all the time loool ...

hope Watsapp will be available soon for N9 ....

great work

I run WhatsApp on BlueStacks. However, not that WhatsApp does not support running same ID (phone number) on multiple devices.

This is really a pain. You cannot chat on Desktop and Mobile at the same time for the same number.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hey guys, here is quick progress update:
  • Integration with Meego's notifications - Almost
  • Running the app in background - Not yet
Meego? So, this won't run on N900, as originally planed? :/

I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I'm looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I'm using python + PySide.
I thought this would be implemented as a telepathy plugin; is this going to be a standalone applicaiton, instead of integrating with maemo?
This means you'll have to re-write dozens of things that are already written for maemo, and much less integration. Why did you end up doing it as a standalone applicaiton?

You know, from day 0, I said I was a python programmer, and could lend a helping hand in developing this application. I've also offered info on what I know on telepathy, pidgin-plugins, and xmpp, but I've been ignored from day 0 as well.
It ashames me that this has been developed behind closed doors, instead of being develped on a public repository where anyone can contribute.

It also seems a shame to have another daemon, and to re-implement the entire IM UI, instead of using the one provided with the OS, and have tighter integration, considering that someone was volunteering to help implement this before the proyect even started.
Is this really the community spirit that's left here at maemo.org?

Last edited by hobarrera; 2012-04-01 at 22:31.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I'm looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I'm using python + PySide.
tgalal I support your move to port whatsapp but this action will make the N9 battery life almost unbearable. We should have the option to exit the app if we want to save battery life.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
?? if its a plugin u just go offline, no battery use

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
tgalal I support your move to port whatsapp but this action will make the N9 battery life almost unbearable. We should have the option to exit the app if we want to save battery life.
Exiting the app would mean you are offline to your contacts which defeats the purpose of an IM app. But I see your point with regards to battery life. I hope tgalal can devise a way to run the app all day with minimal impact on battery life.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Exiting the app would mean you are offline to your contacts which defeats the purpose of an IM app. But I see your point with regards to battery life. I hope tgalal can devise a way to run the app all day with minimal impact on battery life.
Yeah it's conceived to stay open to receive IMs, but why should I not have control over it? On a Linux platform, moreover, where user-control is prevalent over OS control.
And yeah if it's a plugin there will be no such problem.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
use push notice use better, same as ebuddy. Keep to login account online mode, the battery will used up in few hours..

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls