Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
I would very much like to replace the lock screen on my N900. I don't mean the lock screen with the slider, I mean the one which shows the numeric keypad. I would like to make a new version that has the following additional features:

1) If someone enters the default code (12345 or any other obvious breakin attempt like 00000) the phone is bricked.

2) In addition to the real lock code, I would like a "stress code" which I could enter, for example, if I were forced to unlock the phone at a national border. This code would unlock the phone, but silently delete certain directories.

Is anyone working on something like this? I know Mohammad AG was working on a replacement for the other lock screen, but I don't use that one. Is the code for the keypad lock screen proprietary? If I had to write a replacement from scratch, does anyone know how I could replace the default version?

Thanks for any info!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Interesting idea. Unfortunately, I can't help you. I just have a question. What do you mean unlock phone at the border? You mean that the boarder control go through your phone?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Is the code for the keypad lock screen proprietary?
Yes, devicelock ui is part of the systemui packages:
osso-systemui and osso-systemui-devlock

nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Interesting idea. Unfortunately, I can't help you. I just have a question. What do you mean unlock phone at the border? You mean that the boarder control go through your phone?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Civil liberties haven't been doing so well here in the USA lately.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Civil liberties haven't been doing so well here in the USA lately.
Wow. Leave that county asap that is dangerous stuff...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
humm ... Damm closed stuffs it would be a nice utility if it were done. . Any other methods to achive this . i.e a configurable hidden icon in dextop?

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post: