Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
The price cuts have finally hit the UK. Play is selling the N800 for £149:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...eb5e3d473d10cb

Note that it's pre-order for November delivery, so this is a new SKU. However, they're still quoting the recommended retail price as £299.

Personally I'm going to wait to see if there any even better deals around. Amazon.co.uk has yet to make a move on the new prices, and along with free delivery they have a very nice price guarantee -- if the price falls within 30 days of purchase, they'll refund the difference.

Originally Posted by rs-px View Post
The price cuts have finally hit the UK. Play is selling the N800 for £149:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...eb5e3d473d10cb

Note that it's pre-order for November delivery, so this is a new SKU. However, they're still quoting the recommended retail price as £299.

Personally I'm going to wait to see if there any even better deals around. Amazon.co.uk has yet to make a move on the new prices, and along with free delivery they have a very nice price guarantee -- if the price falls within 30 days of purchase, they'll refund the difference.
Thanks.
I went to play.com
and clicked on buy icon
and got the folllowing message

this item has been added to your basket.

Selecting an option: continue shopping disables basket.

How does it work ?

Darius

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
Thanks.
I went to play.com
and clicked on buy icon
and got the folllowing message

this item has been added to your basket.

Selecting an option: continue shopping disables basket.

How does it work ?

Darius
Place the order. Click the Checkout button (top right). Then either login or create an account. It worked fine for me (yes, I gave in and ordered one).

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
damn, that's a good price... I nearly succumbed to temptation when I passed through Gatwick and they were 230 in the "duty free" section... I regret not buying the 770 when they went down to less than £80, so this might tip me over!

Amazon.co.uk's N800 price has dropped to £199:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...a-21/ref=nosim

I'll bet that, before Xmas, Amazon.co.uk's price will be around the £150 mark, just like Play.com. In fact, I think most retailers will follow suit. I think that when the 810 hits, the RRP of the N800 in the UK will be £150.

Remember that Amazon.co.uk offer a 30 day price-drop guarantee -- if they drop the price on an item you've bought within 30 days, you can ask them to refund the difference. So you could buy from Amazon.co.uk and get your N800 straight away, rather than waiting until November for Play.com to catch up. Then, if the price falls to £150, you'll be refunded.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Near Oxford, UK
I've also got one on order from Play.com, and I'd like to know when others start receiving their N800 from Play.com. I'll let you know when I get some news.
Thanks!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hopefully Australia follows soon! I know some people were upset that it hasn't yet.

Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
I've also got one on order from Play.com, and I'd like to know when others start receiving their N800 from Play.com. I'll let you know when I get some news.
Thanks!
Play.com have just changed their delivery date to 19/11/2007. So it won't be arriving on 30th Oct, as promised by them until yesterday. I suspect the 19th is also the UK release date of the N810, which is why Play.com can drop the price at that point (new SKUs all round). In fact, I was always surprised that Play.com promised to ship the price-drop units so early, and now I'd been vindicated. It was all a big fat lie. Doesn't make me want to order anything more from Play.com, to be honest.

In other news, the Amazon.co.uk price is back up to £229, from £199 at the weekend. The same is happening with the 770 + Nav Kit - it's up and down. I'm not sure if this is out of Nokia's control. It'd be hard to imagine the iPod touch fluctuating in price like this, for example. Few very electrical goods fall in price and then rise later on

I'd rather order from Amazon.co.uk than Play.com, because Play.com are outside of the UK trading standards laws and therefore do not have to adhere to the Sale of Goods Act as they are in Jersey...seems the above post justifies this.

Last edited by linuxgeek; 2007-11-05 at 08:36.

Originally Posted by linuxgeek View Post
I'd rather order from Amazon.co.uk than Play.com, because Play.com are outside of the UK trading standards laws and therefore do not have to adhere to the Sale of Goods Act as they are in Jersey...seems the above post justifies this.
Indeed, if any other company even comes close to Play.com's price for the N800 I'll cancel my order immediately and go with them. But everybody else is still at the £220+ range.

To give Play.com their due, they haven't taken the money yet. But then again I placed the order several weeks ago and I haven't heard a word from them beyond the initial order confirmation.