Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
^That's just stupid. Can't you get a working MiFi?
Or is a problem with the TouchPad's wifi? It should be covered under 1yr warranty @HP.
No, it works with normal wifi,
but i can't get it to work with mifi

Maybe this explains why :
http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...anet-mywi.html

But I travel alot so i need a portable wifi,
So this is a huge disadvantage for me.

I see, 'tis a shame.

You could've posted on here, some members/friends (..me) could've bought it rather than a stranger. Anyways, what are you thinkning of getting now?

The OG SGTab, Amazon Fire, ASUS Transformer are good buys. If you want full USB with HOST, and full SDcard, and N-Pen... there's the ThinkPad Tablet. The PlayBook is not too bad either.

Has anyone else tried Splashtop on their TP?

It is very nice with win7, I wonder if we can make it access the n900 somehow?

edit: here is crysis running through TP with sound streaming

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-10-03 at 21:32.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Yes splashtop works pretty well.

regarding what someone said about the browser - mine auto saves passwords and if you want tabs get advanced browser from the app store. Flash works flawlessly and after installing some patches from preware its fantastic.

on the negatives I have to send my touchpad back to HP for repairs as cracks have appeared on the top where the speakers are. Shocking at built quality especially from HP. The plastic will fall off if I continue. Apparently this is a known issue and HP customer service were excellent in arranging pick up for repair.
if anyone else notices these cracks appearing call HP asap.

Gotta agree with you on advanced browser, I don't use tabs too much on the touchpad but the ability to "swipe" in browser to go back to last page was something I have wanted for ages. WebOS is a swipe monster but lacked this simple gesture. I am very happy now.

Sorry to here about the cracks afaq, hope you get it replaced soon mate. It's nice to know a few maemo-ians owning them too.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
classic hp build quality. I own an elitebook 2710p tablet for less than 6 months (and use it for a few hours every day, I now have a desktop at work) and the palmrests have already worn off. (Not wearing a watch or anything, just normal usage) My previous laptop (dell precision) which I had for more than a year and used for more than 10 hours a day is like new.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
If the guy from facebook put his eye on WebOS we are pretty sure that they can face android with strong force. I mean, who in this planet doesn't have facebook today? In my country the 90% of the people seems to have a blackberrya t least, the rest is nokia (symbian) and android. But everybody use their phone to get on facebook ALL DAY. That means that there is a clear market to WebOS if facebook buys it.
Believe me or not, but I LOATHE Facebook and have blocked it; the website and also their several tracking tools / techniques where and how I can able to. Disclaimer: I still have an account in another small social network, but here European data privacy laws apply. Not being active there that much anymore. I don't wanna see people's stupid chitchat, what they ate, what photos they took during vacation, and especially their even more stupid flash games requests/status messages. So back to email and phone. And I was very vocal that if somebody uses their and my email address to send me an invitation or something related to FB, I will block those too. My privacy is much more valuable than some perceived easyness of communication and "fun". I now even poke fun of some people for showing stupid and careless behavior regarding the web and companies / things "that do you good".

Regarding hotspot connectivity, I was not able to use MobileHotspot on the N900 with a GalaxyTab 10.1 too. And check your PreCentral link, it seems its a not-too-seldom issue for tablets. Anyway, Advanced Browser is ok, nothing special, but was just recently updated to open tabs in background. We are slowly getting there... And I can read eBooks in a good way with the Kindle application and sideloading. Quell HD and Jigsaw Master are addictive too...

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-10-05 at 16:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: