Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
This project is dead.

Why? I'm sick of fighting with the outdated software stack, examples here

The aim of this project was to run Harmattan apps on Fremantle.

This app was released under GNU GPL v3 license terms, without any kind of warranty. Although this should be safe, I won't be responsible for any damage done. You have been warned.

Source code is available on Gitorious: https://gitorious.org/meecolay
[links broken, will be updated]

CSSU is required, for newer Qt (4.7.4).
For problem with installing: read it before posting!

Compatiblity list: MeeCoLay Compatibility List

For user-friendly GUI look here

Workarounds: http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeCoLay/Workarounds

What works not (yet):
  • For problems with Segmentation fault look here
  • Many apps rotate while they shouldn't. Locking rotation to landscape is required. GUI would fix it but the latest hildon-desktop update breaks the only possible way. For more info: link
  • Several libraries may still have to be downloaded manually, but all the most libraries should be just there
  • dpkg might complain that dependencies aren't satisfied. You need to either force it (but it's no permanent solution) or edit DEBIAN/control. This is a rare case now but may exist.

Notice: do not use unofficial library packs such as amr.fayz's unless you know what you're doing. They might break meecolay.

DOWNLOAD:

The app meecolay is available in extras-devel. You can install it for example with
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install meecolay
Or in a package manager install package MeeCoLay

If you want to support this project, you can DONATE
If you can't donate but you want to support this project, please contact me.

Thanks to:
  • AapoRantalainen - for libstdc++6 (v4.6.1)
  • misiak - for help about finding problem with rotation
  • sifo - for help maintaining the wiki pages

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2016-10-28 at 07:51. Reason: Refactored the whole description.

The Following 176 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
AapoRantalainen, Acidspunk, ahmadamaj, alex-12gods, alextootchie, Alfred, aligatro, amr.fayz, AnasSyria, anonymous, ArchiMark, Astaoth, azad1top, Bad_Habit, Bahador, bandora, bharathkumarst, bipinbn, Brian_7, Bundyo, byakabs, cddiede, cooldubai, cy8aer, dadoabdallah, Daneel, daniel_m, DaReaper, datjomp, demludi, dgls82, dipack95, Dousan, Dr.Marcial, draxcp6, dzano, ed_ab23, ejasmudar, elros34, erendorn, ersanpermana, EugeneS, explit, fasza2, Fatalist, fw190, gazza_d, gkhnkrts7, godofwar424, hadjistyllis, Half-Life_4_Life, helex, helloct, Helmuth, HtheB, Hurrian, hyno111, ibrakalifa, imo, impeham, int_ua, ivyking, J4ZZ, JadeH, jamil777, jberezhnoy, jecargo22, joerg_rw, JorgeFX, Joseph9560, K9999, karimko, kent_autistic, kinchan, kinggo, klinglerware, kojacker, kowalski, krutznikov, laren0, LavaCroft, legendsohai, lorenzo, LouisDK, m750, m@m0nt, maartenmk, MaddogG, MartinK, mattaustin, mayhem, mdb666, Megaltariak, melisa queen, Mentalist Traceur, MINKIN2, misiak, Mitrigol, MJ m, mlwane, mosiomm, Mr.bot, mrp, mrsellout, myname24, N900L, nicolai, nkirk, Nobless, noname711, Oblomow, osmanayman, OVK, panjgoori, PartyboyXP, pfontana77, phapsubongtoi, princefakhan, psychologe, PUNK, pycage, qgil, qwazix, ranbaxy, Roth, RRvW, Russe89, sbock, seanmcken, sEKI, shanttu, Shinigamijim, Shivu025, sifo, sirpaul, sixwheeledbeast, Skaven2k2, skricciolo1981, skykooler, slider5, Sohil876, somedude, sony123, Sourav.dubey, SSLMM, stone17, Stonik, sunyakram, superpj101, szopin, temp, Texrat, ThomasAH, tokjan, tomauswustrow, tonyhuynh, TransTech, turbovomit, ukki, uros, vetsin, visN900, Vlad_on_the_road, whayong, Wikiwide, xman, youmeego, Zentenario, zincholic, zlatokosi, Zoin, [Knuckles]
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Hey there,

I edit my post because i can't let it like it was, it made me feel i was disrespectfull of your incredible work on this.

Thanks a lot for you hard work and i look forward for the improvment this community will surely provide on this package.
(i even hope i will be able to help)

(before Edit, Post was:
/Sarcasm

Finally W*****p for N900 thank you so much you re a life saver!!!!

/sarcasm
)

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2012-05-25 at 13:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Excellent! Long live maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
[sarcasm]
fixed dependancy issue with libxau6?
[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm2]
when i first saw thread's title, i thought it is nicolai's new app
[/sarcasm2]

[seriously]
Great to hear you got some positive results and succeded in running few apps already That is one of things I'm looking forward to Tell me if you need any help with e.g. coding GUI or something (I know that low-level-stuff people often hate frontend coding)
[/seriously]

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Well, damn. This is cool. I'll test it out once I grab a few MeeGo Harmattan packages.

Side note: if this is a specially crafted chroot, then there's no reason a recompiled MeeGo-Harmattan libc6 wouldn't work.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Well, damn. This is cool. I'll test it out once I grab a few MeeGo Harmattan packages.

Side note: if this is a specially crafted chroot, then there's no reason a recompiled MeeGo-Harmattan libc6 wouldn't work.
No, it's not a chroot. I didn't really try MeeGo CE chroot (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain proprietary pkgs by Nokia).

It's just putting libs to /opt/meecolay/lib
Worked this way, so I sticked with it.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
[seriously]
Great to hear you got some positive results and succeded in running few apps already That is one of things I'm looking forward to Tell me if you need any help with e.g. coding GUI or something (I know that low-level-stuff people often hate frontend coding)
[/seriously]
I PM-ed you about it.

I think I'll start with the low-level command-line program, then I'll add the gui. I need to learn GUI programming anyway!

EDIT:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
[sarcasm]
fixed dependancy issue with libxau6?
[/sarcasm]
<sarcasm> Yeaaaaah, now it requires libxau6 = 1.0.7. (MeeGo's is 1.0.6) and this will eat your children if installed
</sarcasm>

Only jokin'

Seriously: libxau6 stuff is a lesson learned for me. I'm happy it's fixed now.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-05-25 at 14:39.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I think I'll start with the low-level command-line program, then I'll add the gui. I need to learn GUI programming anyway!
As you wish, you may stay with low-level command-line program anyway and then create separate program only with gui, which, after choosing some options, runs programs in cmd adding appropriate arguments (I think this is how psx4m is made - there are command line emulators and gui just runs them with parameters), maybe in this particular case it will be better than messing low level parts of code with gui (and then there would be less possibilities of conflicts if more than one person works on source code). But the decision is, like David Kitt said in his song, up to you
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
<sarcasm> Yeaaaaah, now it requires libxau6 = 1.0.7. (MeeGo's is 1.0.6) and this will eat your children if installed
</sarcasm>

Only jokin'

Seriously: libxau6 stuff is a lesson learned for me. I'm happy it's fixed now.
Good to know you're not butthurt about that little immature joke Anyway, I'm glad you solved that issue, that is a lesson not only for you, but for other devs, too And you gave a great reason to fix that ugly bug in autobuilder as soon as possible

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
i did install this meecolay but couldnt run harmattan app. I tried to run eyrie but couldnt install because of missing dependencies. Just installing this meecolay would do or something else need to be done?

I've tried CameraPro but failed, seems Qt problem. Anyone can post here which Harmattan apps we can run?
Btw, in every Harmattan .desktop file there are an 'invoker' command. Can we run apps without it? I've tried on Nemo 1.3 and it still works.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
i believe this is amazing really , please make it usable and in any case if we could manage to find the libc 6 alternatives or analouge ?

Tags
compatibility, harmattan, meecolay, meego, mee_env