any difference in firmware up grade from nokia usa & nokia uk

nokia usa is 2005, nokia uk is 2006

have any one run both and compared them

From what I can tell the US version has not caught up to the latest version. If you recently bought your itablet, you probably already have the US verson installed. Check your version number by going to the control panel and tapping on Device and compare the version numbers. I installed the european version on mine, and it works great!

thanks,

I also see that this is not a new topic. its well discussed under news.

The new nokia firmware on the european site is buggy! It won't work with some phones and it has a clock problem. Who knows what else? So DON'T UPDATE!! It's crap. Sadly Nokia's developers just aren't that good *sigh*. I just wasted several hours playing with this and now I have to put it all back the way it was. Ugh.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Aside from getting it into USB host mode (which probably had to do with all the flags I'd enabled like R&D mode) it went fine. Any of the problems I had other than that I blame on Windows XP because a reboot fixed them. The new firmware is far more responsive, noticeably faster, and reduces the instances of apps disappearing.

Nokia's got some damned good coders in their midst. What they also probably had was a management team rushing to get the product to market before the software was ready. In the 6 months I've had the 770, I've gone through two updates and the software shows it's growing more mature each time.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Aside from getting it into USB host mode (which probably had to do with all the flags I'd enabled like R&D mode) it went fine. Any of the problems I had other than that I blame on Windows XP because a reboot fixed them. The new firmware is far more responsive, noticeably faster, and reduces the instances of apps disappearing.

Nokia's got some damned good coders in their midst. What they also probably had was a management team rushing to get the product to market before the software was ready. In the 6 months I've had the 770, I've gone through two updates and the software shows it's growing more mature each time.

I agree with Hedgecore here. The latest Firmware Update for Nokia is crappy. Indeed the Clock is messed up but the Wi-Fi connectivity has also become buggy. It does indeed, find more APs where none existed before but it sure does not connect to them. The earlier version of the Firmware easily connected to any good available AP but with the new Firmware this happens a lot more slower now.

Last edited by Arjun; 2006-04-28 at 15:58.

For me, the firmware update has improved the operation. I no longer have apps that suddenly shut down suddenly. The brower and RSS reader were the biggest culprits. It does seem slightly faster, and the sudden mysterious reboots are gone so far now too.

Just my experience though...

The wifi connection is drops a lot more often now. I faxed this by streaming music through the audio player - that seems to keep the connection alive (although I'm sure its not great on battery life!).