Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Mauku is the micro-blogging application for Maemo devices. It has a long history since Nokia 770 times. The earlier version 0.x is targeted for legacy devices (770, N800 and N810), and supports Jaiku and Twitter.

Now I proudly present Mauku 2.0 beta 1 for Fremantle! It utilizes the new Microfeed backend (maemo.org Talk thread). Mauku 2.0 supports Twitter and compatible services, such as Identi.ca and Qaiku, currently, but it expected to be support also, for example, Facebook later.

Mauku 2.0 application is specially designed to follow Fremantle style and user interface principles. Here are some screenshots:

Mauku 2.0 beta 1 is available in extras-devel (Fremantle), and soon in extras-testing (package version says alpha 1, but it is actually beta 1 ), After starting the application, be sure to configure publishers. You can access the configuration from the window menu of the main window (click window title > Publishers).

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Exciting! Mauku is my most useful app. Great work once again, hhedberg!

Do you have plans for a twitter RT feature?

Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
Do you have plans for a twitter RT feature?
Look at the last screenshot: "Forward". It is a generic name for retweet (because the application will support also other services than Twitter).

The Following User Says Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Good job!!

Thanx

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
Okay I'm back on the Tablet scene again after getting a N800 donated to me, so how do I install Fremantle or can I just install the new Mauku by adding the repos to app manager?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You'll need to have physical access to whatever the next tablet is going to be because Freemantle will not run on the current generation of tablets.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
It seems that you are using section user/social in your packages. This is not one of the allowed sections and this will block promotion for your package.

The Following User Says Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by X-Fade View Post
It seems that you are using section user/social in your packages. This is not one of the allowed sections and this will block promotion for your package.
Duh... I took the category from some maemo.org wiki page, but it seemed to contain deprecated information. I will change it to user/network in beta 2, which will be out most probably within one week.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
After installation there is no icon launcher showing app. Not even after rebooting. You have to reboot through command line.

It works! From the point of view of functionality it looks ready for extras-testing.

There is still that minor bug of having upper case for the first character in the password field.

It would be nicer if http:// @ and # string would be actual links...

EDIT: and while I was writing this... Crash Reporter says

'org.microfeed.Provider.Twitter' PID 1564 died to signal 11.
Actually the Mauku widget has some tendency to crash, I guess because the bug is in the backend anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Will it support multiple links on a tweet? Will it allow you to open a specific link?

Tags
fremantle, jaiku, mauku, micro-blogging, qaiku, tweet, twitter