Discussion for the following brainstorm.
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...timer_clearing

Brainstorm content:
It would be very useful to be able to define intervals for automatic timer clearing. For instance, I have a weekly FUP for my data plan and monthly billing for the calls. The counters could then display the numbers for the current (ongoing) period and for the previous (finished) period.

Currently, the user needs to clear the timers manually in order to get useful information from the timers. Moreover, the call and data timers should be at one spot. Now: data timer is in the control panel, call timers are in the Phone app.

The Following User Says Thank You to fhofer For This Useful Post:
If you like the idea of this brainstorm, please cast your vote at http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...timer_clearing

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Thessaloniki Greece
I believe that many things should be developed for call and data timers. For example. I have a contract with a phone company and I got a pre-paid amount of call minutes per month. But the minimum call length is 45 seconds. Even if you only talk for one second the company will cost you for 45. So the user should be able to set the minimum call length and the call timer will count the calls above it as equal (45 for this example).
Another user may have a company contract for example. Then the calls for some particular telephone numbers are free for him. In this case the call timer should not count these calls. (Of course the user in this case should insert the numbers of these particular phones manually).

The Following User Says Thank You to crabsody For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
how going this project?
is it ready?
i hope so.