Active Topics

Works really smoothly with Google (unlike Fremantle version). Still occasional random merged contact "explosions" and duplicates do happen. If it is a bug on the google side, it would be nice to have a workaround..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arkanoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but...

The mail client is REALLY bad when there is a lot of images in the email. It constantly flickers and goes back to the top of the email everytime it finishes loading 1 image. Then that repeats for every image.

My work requires emails with lots of little screenshots quite often. This makes the N9 mail client really really annoying. Even Symbian client such as on N8/E7/X7 is much better in this regard. I hope this is addressed in future update....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
Works really smoothly with Google (unlike Fremantle version). Still occasional random merged contact "explosions" and duplicates do happen. If it is a bug on the google side, it would be nice to have a workaround..
Should be fixed in the update (not sure that in the first update).

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but...

The mail client is REALLY bad when there is a lot of images in the email. It constantly flickers and goes back to the top of the email everytime it finishes loading 1 image. Then that repeats for every image.

My work requires emails with lots of little screenshots quite often. This makes the N9 mail client really really annoying. Even Symbian client such as on N8/E7/X7 is much better in this regard. I hope this is addressed in future update....
We have a bug for this case. Thanks for your feedback.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
Is it possible to sync Outlook (2007) calendar and mails via USB cable to N9?
I would have thought this was a very simple question?

I would have thought this was a very simple question?
Simple, but a bit in a wrong thread As far as I know, it should be possible to sync calendar and mails via USB (never tried it myself).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Simple, but a bit in a wrong thread As far as I know, it should be possible to sync calendar and mails via USB (never tried it myself).
Thanks Sergey! That makes me happy again. I was about to give up, 'cause there seemed to be no way for me to sync it.

Wrong thread you say? Have been looking and searching quite a lot with no luck...

Thanks Sergey! That makes me happy again. I was about to give up, 'cause there seemed to be no way for me to sync it.

Wrong thread you say? Have been looking and searching quite a lot with no luck...
Wrong thread only because here we are talking about MfE+Email applications (Email app + Activesync daemon and so on) and your question was to guys from other team
P.S. Not sure that they started a thread. So, perhaps such questions is better to ask somewhere here

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
now that the N9 is shipping, in the good open source spirit, we are looking for constructive feedback on the email and mail for exchange clients
Ah, so these are open source finally? That is truly mwkn-worthy news, but I missed it. Pointers to the announcement, repositories etc welcome :-)

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
unfortunately we can't share our debug tools
Aw, why not? :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
I've countered 1 problem with n9 so far.

When i make mfe account everything goes as it should until about 5 min after account informs that it cannot contact the mail server and red arrow shows up at the upper edge.

Haven't found way to make it work.
I use mfe from telia sonera and it has been working without any problems on android, iOS, symbian, wp7 so there must be something in harmattan that causes this.

Mail works fine if i configure it to use imap, but i need my contacts and calendars asap.

Amazing phone in every way....

Forgot to tell that fist sync goes trough without any problems

The Following User Says Thank You to Miihkail For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Ah, so these are open source finally? That is truly mwkn-worthy news, but I missed it. Pointers to the announcement, repositories etc welcome :-)
Unfortunately, only these sources are open.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Aw, why not? :-(
It's quite simple, check my answer about opened sources

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950