Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Man, what a difference a flash(er) makes. I just flashed it, didn't do eMMC or erase user data.

The main reason I did it was due to the inability to install anything from the store. But I was having a little lag and some noticeable battery drain (inconsistency). PR1.1 I was averaging below 30ma, initial OTA PR1.2 I was probably averaging around 40ma. I looked at my phone just now, around 20MA.

Getting back up and running wasn't too bad, I had to reinstall all the apps and change some settings back, but the data and user accounts came back without a hitch.
Which flashing program did you use?

EDIT: Just finished chatting with Nokia Support. Apparently, I can't re-format the phone. Only Nokia Care can, and only the one in the country of purchase....

Last edited by thenutflush; 2012-03-02 at 05:14.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Most awesome screen protector... ever.

Looks like an old movie. Now that's cool.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
I have an issue with facebook feed in the news feed.
After each phone restart facebook feed appears in the news feed despite I disabled facebook account in accounts and I disabled facebook feed in the notifications settings.
So after each restart I need to long press on any facebook news and then press clear facebook.

Sorry to hear everyone is having issues with the update. I fortunately haven't had any thus far. I have black Australian 64bg model and did the OTA update. Then tested all of the apps I use on a day to day basis as well as some I usually don't and things are as they should be. The only thing I notcied was the first boot of "drive" took a minute to load, but after I "re-agreed" to positioning it boots up normally. I have the sine waves wallpaper going, I use the nfc music player for music while I work with bluetooth and wi-fi all 10hours of a work day with lots of texts and still have avg of 30-40 percent when I get home. Granted I don't check e-mail and get online with the phone, I hope this is still some kind of data for everyone nonetheless. Maybe a firmware variant issue?

Last edited by justadude; 2012-03-02 at 06:20. Reason: add more info

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Great Wolfgang View Post
I have an issue as well. Mine is rather wired. See the Screenshot(my screen protector is heavily scratched, I know). It says PR1.2 but the number in the brackets stands for PR1.1

Actually the phone is partly working. Most applications wont work, regardless they're stock one's or third party. I can't reinstall them because it says App is incompatible with other installed apps.

I'm puzzled.

I hv restarted two times -> still the same. I hv restored the phone -> still the same.
I don't hv dev mode anymore. Dev. apps are incompatible with other installed apps, the phone says.

Anybody had/has the same problem?
Just FYI, that barcode contains your IMEI - though the IMEI is still legible even without the barcode.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I think we are making progress on identifying the cause of the disappearing contacts. It looks like my wife synch'ed them originally from the nokia account (ovi), which seem to have lost them in the meantime. So know it assumes that they are deleted and does the same on the device. Why this hasn't happened before is the question?
Aw I hate to break it to ya but Nokia got rid of some Ovi services, The contacts and some file syncing stuff If I remember correctly, I remember seeing the announcment on the ovi contacts site last year where they were saying to export your stuff before it's gone.

One reason I used to avoid using syncing services for contacts was with mail for exchange for example, if its conflict preference is set to server, and you try sync from a phone with no contacts, you'd wipe your contacts from the server.
It's ok if you know what you're doing, bit it's a fine line between restoring your contacts and deleting all traces of them completely.

Good news though....
I found this announcment for ya.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...-discontinued/

If you sign in you can still get them back here apparently:
https://exportcontacts.ovi.com/

Fingers crossed eh.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Ok so i got 2 automatic connections. WLAN for when at home, 3.5G when on the go

Got internet enabled with no background connections(so when it's time to update it should just connect to WLAN or 3G)

I got facebook and twitter accounts that I can get feeds for(set them 1 hour update)

I got a gmail account that i also update every 1 hour

The small issue is that it DOES NOT update ANYTHING. It did it for the first day or so after P.R. 1.2 and now nothing at all =[

Am i doing something wrong?

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Am i doing something wrong?
Yeah you certainly are, when you phone checks email etc on it's own, it checks it in the....... wait for it....... background, the way it's set essentialy means that it wont connect to the internet without you making it do so by manually checking email, or refreshing feeds etc.

Look at the second image at the allow background connections, turn it on for the top one (mobile data / wlan), probably just ignore the roaming one, you'd need a damn good phone plan to be worth using the net overseas.
Also you might want to have a look at this page that you might have missed, settings -> notifications -> feed on home screen.

So many settings, so little time.

All should be back to normal with just the background connections being activated.

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thenutflush View Post
Which flashing program did you use?

EDIT: Just finished chatting with Nokia Support. Apparently, I can't re-format the phone. Only Nokia Care can, and only the one in the country of purchase....
Oh you can format the phone by doing a hard reset and flashing it, but if you screw it up and brick your phone you can't go to them and ask for a free replacement/fix, compared to if you send them the faulty phone, say one that's messed up by a failed update, then you can ask for at least a fix but maybe replacement.

All companies that I've heard of have that deal where their warranty is only valid in the country of origin, so If you imported it from New Zealand for example, you'd have to sent it to New Zealand for repairs, most likely at your cost, it's a good way for them to get out of fixing their own mistakes.

So ultimately here's the deal, can you wait a week or two while it's away being repaired, maybe more if it's imported, but knowing your warranty is still in tact, assuming it still is at this point, or are you going to risk your warranty and format it?

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-03-02 at 07:51.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
did the update yesterday and it was very laggy right after. it kept getting better but it is still very sluggish - no comparison to 1.1...sometimes people call me and the phone doesnt ring.
i didnt install n9 tweak, home screen background settings or anything else which is fiddeling with the system...
something went terribly wrong with this update. im not sure how nokia is going to solve this...
what to do now? the lagginess is so annoying...
if you would have monitored at least a bit the people complaining about this in the forum... your n9 is rebuilding the library and that takes time. it will be fast after a while