Hi all,

I was lucky enough to get the T-mobile Combi 15 + Web-n-Walk which was just about the cheapest deal available, however I don't think those T-mobile tariffs are available at the moment from mobilephones direct, and I now have a friend saying he wants to get an unlocked n900 by the cheapest means possible.

What would you guys recommend?

Cheers

R

it appears that the T-mobile contracts are back at MPD, and even cheaper £20/month x 18 months + £82 up front, but are they still unlocked and unbranded from T-mobile, anyone know?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I pre-ordered via mobilephonesdirect.com
One2One Combi plus unlocked handset for £30 per month.

With Vodaphone I think it is free for £35 per month.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Derby UK
Carphone warehouse were doing it £30 per month free phone on Vodefone.

From Vodafone its £35 a month and £150 for the phone.

over what rental period? need to beat £442 from T-mobile.

was your unlocked handset a T-mobile, and how did you ascertain that it was unlocked?

cheers

As far as im concerned, the N900 doesn't get locked to networks, i don't think thats nokias way haha,

Let me know if it is though, i just know that the units should be unlocked OEM.

Wud never pay for a handset on a contract, it should always be free! Well if ur going for a 18month 35+ then yea. If they want money for the handset jst go elsewhere dnt waste ur time with em!
A gud way to look at it is to tally up the contract total an the handset price they are asking then u can see that u cud might as well buy it sim free an jst get a pay as u go sim with a monthly bolt on :-P

i would always consider paying an up-front cost for a contract phone, if the total cost including the line rental over the over contract period is equal to, or less than, any other option.

back to the topic at hand; are T-mobile contract n900's still unlocked and unbranded?

The Following User Says Thank You to REMFwhoopitydo For This Useful Post:
i originally got mine from Nokia simfree £450 but then sent it back and got it on new contract on vodafone, 1200mins (not that i need that much) unlimted text, unlimted landline(aint made a single call to one) and Internet on 18 contract for £45 per month phone was free

I tthen got my mate who works in voda to give me discount 30% off which is 31.50 per month.

So i'm pretty happy with the deal. even without discount if you make alot of calls its not bad

vodafone do 12 month tariffs in store only -- 50 x12 equals 600 and the phone is free :-)

this includes -- 900mins -- 500mb net -- unlimited sms -- voda passport

so you pay roughly 100-150 for your phone allowance for the year

has to be one of the best options around if you ask me

means your getting all the tariff for around 10 a month :-)