Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
yeah... i have tried a couple of android phones and have experience with the iphone too...

UI wise, the others seem to be very very intuitive and easy but when you get used to the n900+camkeyd+multitasking+microb+HWkeyboard... you really can't go back...

I do get a bit frustrated that I haveta charge it very often... but my friends with the SE x10 and the iphone also asked me about battery life cause they too charge theirs as often as I do...

I used to be very frustrated over the UI's and transitions... but after learning a bit about OC'ing and using transitions.ini, NOTHING comes close to how personal tweaking of the UI can be with your phone. I'm VERY happy with it.
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
Another happy n900 user. Someone always is surprised about something with it. There is not another phone out that I would rather have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Taleydra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Can you tell me the reason of your cancellation?
well one reason is i am somewhaT blinded by this meego/harmattan open source thing, yeah even these are rumors and teasers, i am weak. because the n900 is giving me a different experience until now even if i already saw other devices in action, i am still more comfy using the n900 and maybe more on its successor. and lastly as the title says, "n900 is still the perfect phone for me"

but i would also bid on "jakiman's" SGS2 if he announces its sale here, and use both devices too. :P

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-05-20 at 01:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
If it wasn't for the upcoming N9/50 I would be sticking with my trusty N900 like glue. It always does what I want from a mobile 'device' (can't really call it a phone - hehe) like Grr, media player, widgets, CuteTube for youtube, angry birds, Gpodder (saves my morning commute) and the whole Conversations/copy&paste/multitasking/microB bag of gems is just SO easy and SO helpful and intuitive. Not to mention the sheer ease and dare I say, fun, in customizing it with all those amazing apps developed by the COMMUNITY.

Are there problems within Maemo5? Sure. It's not perfect for everyone. But it's pretty perfect for me.

It'll be bitter-sweet when I get the new Nokia N-whatever. But I'll hang on to my N900, cos you never know...

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
"N900 is still the perfect phone for me "

me too....

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
i got sgs and i mainly use n900.. reasons? microB and HW keyboard.... i cnt live with phones without these two..
Lol.. Beware that your MicroUSB might break any minutes
Also just to let you know that if your break then buy a replacement microUSB typeB and i'll soldering it back for you

Done mine and more solid than that of the original Nokia. Mine is rock solid

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'm not keen to move on to N9 yet. Why because bad experienced in Nokia. I would wait until the N9 is dying at a below cost to buy then I'll buy it lol. Learn the lesson the hard way.

FYI, I am also somewhat find N900 very usable even after 1.6years old. It's a love and hate relationship. When it got sick, I'm trying to fix it and when it grumpy then I'm enduring it. When it sad and broken, I'd find myself taking care of it, rubbing it, wiping its dirty screen and soldering, gluing every fallen pieces back into places.

I guess I am proud to have the N900. It has a lot of flaw but I can still live with it, it will stay in the family for a long long time I guess.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-05-20 at 01:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
My thoughts are similar. I payed good money for the N900 and i have no regrets but this time i think i'll wait a bit, stop and smell the roses so to speak but i have a feeling this N9/950 might be a crowd pleaser unlike our trusted N900 and might keep its value for quite some time so in the end, i might shell out again

Oh, resonating with the global emotion of this thread as well - i just can't stand using any other OS/Device and i've tried them all.
I hope i like the Meego UI though, if not, heres hoping for Cordia to succeed

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I'm not keen to move on to N9 yet. Why because bad experienced in Nokia. I would wait until the N9 is dying at a below cost to buy then I'll buy it lol. Learn the lesson the hard way.

FYI, I am also somewhat find N900 very usable even after 1.6years old. It's a love and hate relationship. When it got sick, I'm trying to fix it and when it grumpy then I'm enduring it. When it sad and broken, I'd find myself taking care of it, rubbing it, wiping its dirty screen and soldering, gluing every fallen pieces back into places.

I guess I am proud to have the N900. It has a lot of flaw but I can still live with it, it will stay in the family for a long long time I guess.
the n900 is the first device that I got the impression "DO NOT TOUCH THAT WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS!!!!" when someone tries to grab it. Call me mean or worst than that but its true! i even have my device lock code about 9+ digits!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
the n900 is the first device that I got the impression "DO NOT TOUCH THAT WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS!!!!" when someone tries to grab it. Call me mean or worst than that but its true! i even have my device lock code about 9+ digits!
yeah yeah, especially with its dirt-loving-screen it is even more important to keep dirty hands away
like keeping a sex-hungry-girl-friend away from ur desperate friends.

Tags
maemo envy ->, thats lovely