Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hello,
I'm having Bluetooth issues, quite a few.

So, anybody else getting bad performance out of their Bluetooth headsets?

If you are please post what Headset you are using and the problems

If you are not, please post what headset you are using and how you would rate the performance.

I think some or most of the problems have been ironed out during developement to pr1.3 or CSSU.

Performance with my Nokia BH-214 bluetooth headset is fine. Music sounds nice, phone calls and live meetings are ok. I am using CSSU testing so I cannot comment on the current situation with pr1.3.
I also have(had) one problem though, after every call I receive the headset doesn't switch back to A2DB profile for music. It seems BH-214 should do this change as it occurs also when I use it with my laptop for music and online meetings. On the laptop it ends up with music playing but sounding like something from the 60's. On N900 when the call ends music is played with 2 sec pauses and distortions.

So I disconnected from N900 with power off and on from BH-214 and it connects back and music plays fine.
But as usually happens now when I tried to reproduce this behaviour it works as expected. Maybe yesterdays CSSU update fixed something or the BH-214 just has a mind of its own. I tried a few calls to and from N900. Also tried ending the call on N900 and on the other end. I haven't tried the laptop connection though but I suppose most people here are interested in N900 and bluetooth.

And reading the last few comments I can add that I am also using kernel-power 49 and CSSU testing (21.2011.38-1maemo1.1). After yesterdays update it seems to work.

So happy to say it seems to work perfectly with N900 after all.

Last edited by miqu; 2011-12-01 at 08:15. Reason: Adding a comment for versions of CSSU and kernel-power

The Following User Says Thank You to miqu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
@miqu, my bh-214 has (had, because since yestarday cssu update it didn't happen) same problem (switching to ad2p after using hfp profile).

PS. Any problems with avrcp profile (buttons) are connected with player that people use.

EDIT: @miqu can you check something for me:
my headset when is on ad2p and media player is paused (stock, omp) after some time (3 minutes max) switches to hfp profile and HEADSET ICON DESAPPEARS, but bluetooth icon is still blue. Only way to get it back to ad2p is powering off headset and connecting again.
Do you have the same problem?

Last edited by pawelstryju; 2011-12-01 at 16:50.

I had bluetooth problems with kp48 (and Nokia BH 214), so i reflashed the phone and now back on stock kernel and stable CSSU. Working fine now. I will possibly update to an older kp or compile my own.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
I had bluetooth problems with kp48 (and Nokia BH 214), so i reflashed the phone and now back on stock kernel and stable CSSU. Working fine now. I will possibly update to an older kp or compile my own.
right, it's problem with kp but i don't know where is bluetooth headset section and don't know how to repair it, so if you can help it would be great!

I built KP49 without the bt-mice patch and now Nokia BH214 is working well.

Hi rajil's

Can you provide your patched kp49. I have connection problem with bluetooth (tethering or file transfer).
Thank you,

Guy

No need - kp 50 (and prte50) got this fixed (AIUI), without sacrificing bluetooth-mice.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
I've got a new bluetooth speaker, and I can't pair it with the N900. The phone sees the device, I press pair, but it hangs, and pops up pairing failed repeatedly.
With a Nokia N95 8GB, it works well.

Is there a manual solution?

Also, I had a trouble with my LCD, a chip went off in it, so it needed to be replaced. But the digitizer has issues too, and it's not physical I think. It always gets stuck in coordinates 25:65 if I tap it around the top left corner.