Notices

Originally Posted by roberto@datafidelis.com.b View Post
Hi Rachol...
I received some help from Steve via MSN and managed to re-open the config window. it's is working end my messages/passwords are under control now. The application is simply one of the best ideas I've ever heard! Thank you! And Thanks Steve!
Your idea will be a great success. It can be used in MANY different applications. The possibilities are uncountable...
But Another problem showed up. I simply don't receive SMS messages frm the IamHere application. When it tries to send it a message pops onthe N900 screen stating that the attempt to send a message failed. I guess I know the reason... I'm in São Paulo - Brasil and my cellphone company (TIM) as most operators here sends something more than the caller's number. e.g. if the caller's number is 5555-1234 (we use 8 digit numbers here) the caller's id will be 0412755551234. Where 27 is the caller's are code, 041 is the long distance operator contracted by the user. If you try to convert it to the international standard, it will be a problem. I think this is the problem because I can reply the messages but the application doesn't. Can you help with this? I'm specially interested in receiving SMS messages only.
Thanks & Regards.
Roberto.
I will try to think of that problem... thanks for the info

Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
I may have screwed something up, forgot to add the +44 for the passwords so can no longer get access to Config/Activate/Deactivate :S

Anybody available to help? Would be greatly appreciated.
New version will solve your problem, have to wait until wednesday/thursday.

I'm stuck... cant get the config window.. nothing is working! how can i delete the config so i can start over again? already looked in /etc/omapcam/ but there's nothing there.. only the cam files..

Can anyone help?!

The Following User Says Thank You to dof250 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
How can i run the wizard again?
Dont find it on the posts

And how to completly remove it? (i've checked that option to uninstall, but if i use app manager, it says cant uninstall.

Originally Posted by nokian-series View Post
How can i run the wizard again?
Dont find it on the posts

And how to completly remove it? (i've checked that option to uninstall, but if i use app manager, it says cant uninstall.
Said multiple times, and explained in the config wizard itself... you should have read it...

Send yourself a sms containing the config password (the one asked first)
On receinving it, your phone will start the wizard.
Check the adequate box on the second screen to be allowed to uninstall the software.

Of course you'll have to remember the password AND not having messed up with the sender restrictions...

The Following User Says Thank You to poussah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Version 0.3.1-1maemo0 in repos is BROKEN do not download wait for rachol to update and fix.
Once installed you will not be able to uninstall it or update the config file.
The application simply does not repond to any input from txt.

Brilliant application though rachol like I have said before this is just what we needed. Couple of small bugs though

Hi, thank you.
I've put the same password on the config wizard and email notify..it only show the email, dont open the wizards

Help, please.

Originally Posted by poussah View Post
Said multiple times, and explained in the config wizard itself... you should have read it...

Send yourself a sms containing the config password (the one asked first)
On receinving it, your phone will start the wizard.
Check the adequate box on the second screen to be allowed to uninstall the software.

Of course you'll have to remember the password AND not having messed up with the sender restrictions...

just rebooted the phone, all good now.
Thanks

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great app. Very useful.

would be great with a master detonate code so you are able to blow up the whole device in the face of the thief.

Your app doesnt seem to be optified, My rootfs went from 80mb to 54mb after uninstall.