Closed Thread
at Tgalal. boss when you release a version for N900. i suppose the version is for N9

Hi tgalal, great that you're online and thanks for making wazapp for the N9. Quick question about the notifications, will they come up even if the app itself is closed?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
at Tgalal. boss when you release a version for N900. i suppose the version is for N9
See here

Then here

Continue here

And finally here

Greetings.

PD: Sorry i forgot the most important here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by slushie View Post
Hi tgalal, great that you're online and thanks for making wazapp for the N9. Quick question about the notifications, will they come up even if the app itself is closed?

Thanks
If you close the app it remains running in background. So when you receive a new message a notification appears, which when clicked re-shows the app.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hriday. View Post
[...]

The original Icon is not very logical.

[...]

Why the original?

[...]

Legal issues.

[...]
You make some valid points, especially the legal issue is something I also thought about after I finished the icon. Because of that I created an alternative icon (long ago), where i flipped the bubble (not because of the logical reading direction, I'm not that comic reading guy), fully filled the form and inversed and also enlarged the telephone glyph.

About the peak of the bubble: Yeah, it's to close to the edge, but if you shift the bubble more to the right it's no longer centered and that would look weird (though it's already not completely centered but it's hard to notice).

The reason why I didn't (and won't) create a complete redesigned icon is because I'm acutally not a designer, I just composed some elements which were alread there because I happen to know how to use Illustrator and have some basic design knowledge.

So if tgalal cares about the icon this would be my altered version:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip wazapp.zip (222.2 KB, 186 views)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
@tgalal

I wanted to sum up on the "thank you" stream on this very nice *development* thread.

As you will probably we aware of, mostly every N9 user will download your app on May 1st. I have been always very curious on how many N9's are out there (I am sure I am not the only one), and this information is hard to get from Nokia, so...

..so my question is: are you planning to count downloads? It would be very nice to see that number published on this forum.

Thank you very much for your work, it is really appreciated.
Āl.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guinoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
You make some valid points, especially the legal issue is something I also thought about after I finished the icon. Because of that I created an alternative icon (long ago), where i flipped the bubble (not because of the logical reading direction, I'm not that comic reading guy), fully filled the form and inversed and also enlarged the telephone glyph.

About the peak of the bubble: Yeah, it's to close to the edge, but if you shift the bubble more to the right it's no longer centered and that would look weird (though it's already not completely centered but it's hard to notice).

The reason why I didn't (and won't) create a complete redesigned icon is because I'm acutally not a designer, I just composed some elements which were alread there because I happen to know how to use Illustrator and have some basic design knowledge.

So if tgalal cares about the icon this would be my altered version:
This is awesome! Really thanks!

Originally Posted by Guinoak View Post
@tgalal

I wanted to sum up on the "thank you" stream on this very nice *development* thread.

As you will probably we aware of, mostly every N9 user will download your app on May 1st. I have been always very curious on how many N9's are out there (I am sure I am not the only one), and this information is hard to get from Nokia, so...

..so my question is: are you planning to count downloads? It would be very nice to see that number published on this forum.

Thank you very much for your work, it is really appreciated.
Āl.
Yeah I will be counting, so I'd appreciate if downloads are to be made only from the website (wazapp.im) when I put the link up

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
This is awesome! Really thanks!
Glad you like!

Looking forward to the release, thank you for your hard development work!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Yeah I will be counting, so I'd appreciate if downloads are to be made only from the website (wazapp.im) when I put the link up
Hehe I hope the website won't be completely down that day because of too many simultaneous downloads

Thank you for your work!

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Beirut , LEBANON
such great work will it support status update?

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls