Active Topics

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I am thinking of buying a nexus 5 at June/July and I was thinking of dual/triple-booting it with Android-Nemo-Sailfish(maybe firefox os as well to see how it look like ).

I have done some search here and via google but I couldn't find anything really useful about nexus 5!
So is there any way to see a port of these two operating systems for the nexus 5??

Of course if I will get the phone I will be able to do any testing needed too for the port and maybe contribute as much as I can

P.S: What about n9's harmattan for nexus 5 too?

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-05-30 at 19:41.

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
What about n9's harmattan for nexus 5 too?
if n9's harmattan ported to it i will buy one too

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
As you should well know, Harmattan is not going to be ported to any device, period.
So much of it is closed source, it is not worth going to try at it.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
As you should well know, Harmattan is not going to be ported to any device, period.
What about the Hatmattan Swipe UI? I had a go at porting it to the N900, but got stuck in the X compositor bit.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yeah thought so! This is why I put it at the end...

Thanks for that! If I will get the phone I will defenitely give it a try!

Actually I am more interested in nemo/sailfish as I want to see how they both work! I had nemo on n900 but as I can understand it 's not the same thing
Maybe they will be good alternatives and maybe I will be able to contribute too by starting learning and making apps for both operating systems!

I recently bought a Galaxy S3, so I will not buy a Nexus 5
I am interested in having Nemo Mer on it, but there is no information if this is possible or not...
I am able to do any testing, but I don't have the knowledge yet to port anything...

Does anyone has any idea or can help to boot nemo on Galaxy s3 or point me to something helpful ?
I have seen that there is an image for the Galaxy Nexus, so I assume that it could be possible..

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
I recently bought a Galaxy S3, so I will not buy a Nexus 5
I am interested in having Nemo Mer on it, but there is no information if this is possible or not...
I am able to do any testing, but I don't have the knowledge yet to port anything...

Does anyone has any idea or can help to boot nemo on Galaxy s3 or point me to something helpful ?
I have seen that there is an image for the Galaxy Nexus, so I assume that it could be possible..
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
Looks like you might have to wait a bit, if you're looking for something fully-functional

Last edited by jflatt; 2014-05-31 at 01:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
Looks like you might have to wait a bit, if you're looking for something fully-functional
Actually I have the i9300(the 3g one)... I don't really care about something fully functional but if there is something to test out I am in

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-05-31 at 08:41.