Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I got a notice my tablet is shipping today.

I decided not to cancel. I want a tablet, and the Dell Android tablet I bought died after a week, and they "replaced" it under "warranty" with a Windows tablet--which I refuse to even turn on. Never buying a Dell again after this.
Feel free to send it to me. I'll even pay for shipping.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
the Dell Android tablet I bought died after a week, and they "replaced" it under "warranty" with a Windows tablet--which I refuse to even turn on. Never buying a Dell again after this.
Nothing is too much for Microsoft to push their Win10 However, is it really that bad? You could try installing Android x86 on the thing. It might just work quite well - provided the thing isn't horribly locked down.

Good to hear BQ is shipping. Seems like the delay is limited to a week. Jolla could learn something from that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Nothing is too much for Microsoft to push their Win10 However, is it really that bad? You could try installing Android x86 on the thing. It might just work quite well - provided the thing isn't horribly locked down.
I hate MS so much, so yeah, it's that bad. Besides, I have Google Fiber, and an Android tablet with Google Services on Fiber can do things a Windows tablet can't. Am I the only one who thinks it's insane a company can give you a device with another OS entirely to fulfill warranty? Especially when they still sell the tablet I sent them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I hate MS so much, so yeah, it's that bad. Besides, I have Google Fiber, and an Android tablet with Google Services can do things a Windows tablet can't. Am I the only one who thinks it's insane a company can give you a device with another OS entirely to fulfill warranty? Especially when they still sell the tablet I sent them.
Ah, I wasn't clear. What I meant was that having an x86 tablet now (it is x86, is it?) might not be so bad, as you can might be able to install anything from Android x86 to Ubuntu Touch, or any other Linux distro on it. As such it might prove to be more flexible than a normal ARM Android tablet.

But perhaps not; Microsoft demands a TPM on those tablets, which might lock them down just as hard. Boo Microsoft!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Looks like a cool first tablet. Will be intresting to see how Ubuntu keep shaping the OS. So far so good, but with all new OS there is a lot of room for improvement.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seems like I'm being ignored by lancewax. My offer was indeed genuine. If you dislike it that much, I'll gladly take it off of your hands especially if you're unwilling to even turn it on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
FYI:
A DIY guide to the Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet:
– we thought we’d create a DIY one-pager that shows you how versatile the tablet truly is! Check out the guide below to follow the steps…
http://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/04/2...cDZnSWM9In0%3D

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
So rude of me to ignore your attempt at getting free stuff. Despite my distaste for MS I could still obviously sell it to recoup some of my money.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
I got one. So not ready for release. It looks nice, seems decently constructed, and battery life isn't bad. But so many issues. It doesn't even come with a file browser or terminal installed. Yes, you can install them. But the file browser available is very limited. It can't copy and paste more than one file at a time. The OS creates a folder structure on your microSD card whether you want it to or not. Apps can't see the microSD card. Audio does not sync when watching Youtube--despite the browser being pretty decent over all. No bluetooth tethering for data. The auto-diming feature of the display is uncomfortably sudden and too frequent. A lot of little things like this are annoying. I really hope there are some quick updates, because it does not feel ready.

Last edited by lancewex; 2016-04-27 at 18:30.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Welcome to the wonderful world of Sailfish. Be grateful your WiFi password was not too difficult to type, otherwise you would have noticed and mentioned it too (the box to type it in times out, which Einstein came up with that idea?).

OTOH, you can select multiple files in File Browser. You need to tap on the icon, not the file name.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: