You know some 10 years ago Sears gave me such bad customer service with a stereo system that they didn't want fix even though the stereo was under warranty that I told them I would never buy anything else from them. In 10 years I haven't step foot in a Sears store, and still to this day I have no plans to ever buy from Sears again.

I think Nokia has just about got me at that point with them. Here what's happen...
So my n800 started acting weird it would not turn on all the, only sometimes. Then when it did come on it wouldn't mount the SD cards. I didn't know if a problem was a battery, issues with the SD cards, or if the n800 itself was messing up. So I called Nokia to talk with customer service. Well the first person I talked with was just stupid, and was trying to tell me some B.S, like the device wasn't working because I didn't have Nokia brand SD cards. I hung up on her and called back. The next person didn't even want to talk with me, I was trying to tell her my problem and she cut me off and say go to Nokia's site and fill out a repair form and send them device. That was it, she was off the phone. So I went to site, and reading over some of the stuff. It said not to send in the battery and cards just the device, but doesn't work for me. I don't if it was the battery, cards, or device that was messing up and they should check out all those. What ending up doing was typing up a long description of my problem and explained in description that I was going to go ahead send the device with the battery and cards so that could check it all out.

That was a mistake. Apparently they don't read that stuff because it took ever bit of the 10 days to get the device back and guess what's missing. The battery and the (2) 2gig Sd cards I sent in with it. All I got was the n800 itself.

So I called them back asking hey where my battery and cards. They said they will look into it and to call back tomorrow. So I called back the next day and said they don't have an answer yet and to call back tomorrow. So called the next day and they said the still didn't have an answer from the repair shop, but to call back that afternoon because it only takes 24 to 48 hours to get an answer and that that time period was almost up. Well I didn't call back that afternoon because I had something to do. I called back the next day (today) and they said they still didn't have an answer and to call back. No!!! I don't think so, I been calling for 3 days now, so I asked for a manager. After a long long long wait I got one the phone, and he said he'll send me a battery and that it will shipped out next week.

WTF! they already had the device for 10 days with a letter make sure they knew to ship the battery and cards back, then three days of calling and asking for my stuff back and now they need another week to ship anything. By the time Nokia's customer service center get everything back needed to make the n800 work I will be without for a month!

That's bullsh-t !!!!!!

The sad things was thinking about upgrading to the N810 next month (my birthday) but not now. I going to start looking into other devices.

F-U Nokia, you suck....

Anyway if anybody knows of some other good devices kind like the n810 drop a post. I know the Itouch but what else is out there?

Let me get this straight. You don't follow directions, but do your own thing and include an explanation. Confusion ensues, as is usual when people violate standard procedures. So you'll never buy anything Nokia again. And they suck, of course!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
With customers like these, who needs enemies?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Thank you for expressing your concern.

Next time, please do not send in the batteries and SD cards. If you do not agree with directions first discuss your concern before acting.

If you want an alternative for the N810 you can go to Competitors and read those threads.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by ebe51 View Post
You know some 10 years ago Sears gave me such bad customer service with a stereo system that they didn't want fix even though the stereo was under warranty that I told them I would never buy anything else from them. In 10 years I haven't step foot in a Sears store, and still to this day I have no plans to ever buy from Sears again.

I think Nokia has just about got me at that point with them. Here what's happen...
So my n800 started acting weird it would not turn on all the, only sometimes. Then when it did come on it wouldn't mount the SD cards. I didn't know if a problem was a battery, issues with the SD cards, or if the n800 itself was messing up. So I called Nokia to talk with customer service. Well the first person I talked with was just stupid, and was trying to tell me some B.S, like the device wasn't working because I didn't have Nokia brand SD cards. I hung up on her and called back. The next person didn't even want to talk with me, I was trying to tell her my problem and she cut me off and say go to Nokia's site and fill out a repair form and send them device. That was it, she was off the phone. So I went to site, and reading over some of the stuff. It said not to send in the battery and cards just the device, but doesn't work for me. I don't if it was the battery, cards, or device that was messing up and they should check out all those. What ending up doing was typing up a long description of my problem and explained in description that I was going to go ahead send the device with the battery and cards so that could check it all out.

That was a mistake. Apparently they don't read that stuff because it took ever bit of the 10 days to get the device back and guess what's missing. The battery and the (2) 2gig Sd cards I sent in with it. All I got was the n800 itself.

So I called them back asking hey where my battery and cards. They said they will look into it and to call back tomorrow. So I called back the next day and said they don't have an answer yet and to call back tomorrow. So called the next day and they said the still didn't have an answer from the repair shop, but to call back that afternoon because it only takes 24 to 48 hours to get an answer and that that time period was almost up. Well I didn't call back that afternoon because I had something to do. I called back the next day (today) and they said they still didn't have an answer and to call back. No!!! I don't think so, I been calling for 3 days now, so I asked for a manager. After a long long long wait I got one the phone, and he said he'll send me a battery and that it will shipped out next week.

WTF! they already had the device for 10 days with a letter make sure they knew to ship the battery and cards back, then three days of calling and asking for my stuff back and now they need another week to ship anything. By the time Nokia's customer service center get everything back needed to make the n800 work I will be without for a month!

That's bullsh-t !!!!!!

The sad things was thinking about upgrading to the N810 next month (my birthday) but not now. I going to start looking into other devices.

F-U Nokia, you suck....

Anyway if anybody knows of some other good devices kind like the n810 drop a post. I know the Itouch but what else is out there?
If you get everything back in a month then that is really fast for Nokia or any repair service that is included free with a device. Also this site is run by nokia so I don't think they will see your F-U next time a place tells you not to send something don't. Your lucky they are going to replace them. Also most the people here are bias because we all own N810 or N800 so I don't think your going to get much help for a better device.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
And mind the language, please. This not a Nokia forum, its just users. We don't have to stand for that. And next time, when you want to do something out of protocol, make sure somebody agrees on the other side, and take their name. Else the responsability is on you.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eliagp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
LOL. As soon as I started reading and you said the site says "Don't send in the battery or SD Cards" I knew you were going to and cause problems.

Here I thought this was going to be a story like the time I called Staples Business Depot. I informed the call person (once I got a hold of one) that having their main phone number be a complete answering machine with no live operators OR business hours given out was silly. The customer service person told me to "**** off and stop calling".

After about 20 calls to Staples and even speaking with the CEO I never got an apology or that old ***** fired.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
I think you're lucky they even accepted to replace your N800 for free and within a month! Isnt that a record ?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida (I'm Spaniard)
I worked for a computer repair service for a few years... and always had the same problem. Customers want you to repair their toys just because they can't fix them by their self but they never follow the RMA instructions and they take decisions about how and what you need to have and do for getting your job done.

Please, just follow the directions... let us do the thinking for you.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Thank you for expressing your concern.

Next time, please do not send in the batteries and SD cards. If you do not agree with directions first discuss your concern before acting.

If you want an alternative for the N810 you can go to Competitors and read those threads.
I 've been in houston and after I wrote this post I have been unable to reply until now. If you read back I did try and discuss my concern before acting. I talked with one lady who didn't know what in world she was talking about then I tried to talk to another person who was trying to rush me off the phone and sent to the online forum. Trying to talk with Nokia support center was like trying to pull teeth. Apparently the support center is not in contract with the repair center and couldn't answer any questions about repairs.

The 1st post was only a online there was more to it. I nutshell I was told i could send the battery in only if there was a problem with it, however I didn't know if was a battery issues or a device issues. So I sent both, but didn't get details on what would have been the best way to do that because again the lady was rushing off the phone.