Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Canberra
Originally Posted by bruce kissinger View Post
Elsewhere in this thread people have asked about methods for keeping the screen display on rather than having it blank out after a few minutes. I would like to use Navit on my N800 while riding my motorcycle, but the screen display problem kept me from doing so.
I cannibalised a car charger to provide power for my n810 wired to the bike's electrics. The screen stays on bright while charging.

Originally Posted by fragos View Post
You might try Navit in full screen zoom. I believe that when you run Maemo Mapper in full screen it doesn't dim the screen. Navit might do the same.
That's a Maemo Mapper specific feature. Navit doesn't do that yet, but I think there's a patch floating around for it.

Well ... someone knows if Navit runs on Maemo 5?
I'm about buying this phone ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wiener For This Useful Post:
Hey everyone, I have in troubles with Navit and Garmin maps. I installed Navit-svn-2976 from downloads.maemo.org. Then create /home/user/.navit and navit.xml/osd.xml. This works with demo map. But, after install Garmin map from http://ftp.pucpr.br/pub/tracksource/gmapsupp_v1002.zip and configured navit.xml, Navit don't display anything.
Anyone can perform test with that map?

PS.: Sorry my bad english.

Originally Posted by leolopes79 View Post
Hey everyone, I have in troubles with Navit and Garmin maps. I installed Navit-svn-2976 from downloads.maemo.org. Then create /home/user/.navit and navit.xml/osd.xml. This works with demo map. But, after install Garmin map from http://ftp.pucpr.br/pub/tracksource/gmapsupp_v1002.zip and configured navit.xml, Navit don't display anything.
Anyone can perform test with that map?

PS.: Sorry my bad english.
Nokia-N810-43-7:~/.navit$ navit
vehicle_gpsd:vehicle_gpsd_try_open:Trying to connect to localhost:default
vehicle_gpsd:vehicle_gpsd_try_open:Connected to gpsd fd=4 evwatch=0x10ea88
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin.c:217:1|:libgarmin 0.1 initializing as GPS Backend
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin.c:471:1|:Loading /media/mmc2/maps/navit/gmapsupp.img as disk image
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin_rgn.c:1059:1|:Error can not read TRE header!
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin_mdr.c:222:1|:HDR len =44832 our=554
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/garmin.c:983:1|:Using builtin types
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/gar2navit.c:66:1|:Please define: poi_goverment_building
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/gar2navit.c:66:1|:Please define: poi_bussines_service
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/gar2navit.c:66:1|:Please define: poi_bussines_service
navit:main_real:Using '/home/user/.navit/navit.xml'
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin_obj.c:886:1|:Error no objects found

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
I just tried it with svn-2982 (under scratchpad not my n800) and it lists:

:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin.c:217:1|:libgarmin 0.1 initializing as GPS Backend
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin.c:471:1|:Loading /home/neil/gmapsupp.img as disk image
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin_rgn.c:1024:4|:Have 978 mapsets
:/work/compile/libgarmin/src/src/garmin_mdr.c:222:1|:HDR len =708 our=554
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/garmin.c:983:1|:Using builtin types
:/work/compile/navit/src/navit/map/garmin/gar2navit.c:66:1|:Please define: poi_goverment_building

Unfortunately I have no idea how to get something of this map shown. I guess I have to search for something. What towns in what country does it contain?

Although stdout shows the map is loaded. It does not appear in the menu (am using the gtk ui). So something is still wrong....

One step further. When the garmin map is the only mapset enabled in navit.xml it shows up in the menu. However when searching for a town it crashes when typing char number 3.

wdehoog thanks, this map is from Brazil, entire country, but navit don't show (at menu it's ok) and don't perform city/address search... I'll re-download map file and test again.

Searching in garmin maps seems to be broken. If you can get navit to start at the correct coordinate it does show the map. I now have this in ~/.navit/center.txt:

mg: -0x493eb7 -0x27ee87

and then it starts showing Rio de Janeiro.

Originally Posted by wdehoog View Post
Searching in garmin maps seems to be broken. If you can get navit to start at the correct coordinate it does show the map. I now have this in ~/.navit/center.txt:

mg: -0x493eb7 -0x27ee87

and then it starts showing Rio de Janeiro.
wdehoog works! thanks for help. When I downloaded a new file it's work properly. Just now, I wainting for searching. Thank you very much.