Active Topics

I'm curious, are there any other N900 style desktop browsing experience with full flash on any other phone? I love my N900 and browse on it and use the media players (mplayer and SiB) all the time. Having these features is a must for any future upgrade phone.

I could be wrong but to my knowledge there is not.
windows, iphone, symbian, android, RIM, WebOS... although I haven't had first hand experience with RIM or WebOS I don' tthink any of these really compare to the n900.
Best comprimise in my opinion is android (although not 100% sure of the media capabilites)
For future upgrade, depends when you want to upgrade, meego device was meant to be this year sometime (although I haven't kept up to date with meego device news)

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Well actually yesterday I read that the new Symbian Multitasking Interface is going to be very similar to the Multitasking UI of Maemo.

For more info, see:
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/01/21/ne...bian-3-leaked/

Personally, I love the Maemo 5's UI because it is different in its own ways compared to other UI's around. It is easy to use and it just works (for me anyways).

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
There apparently also bringin a new browser to symbian3. The default one isnt as bad as some would claim. I use it over opera.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Hopefully not - this would make the N900 an even more unique device

Yeah, I love my N900 but I don't expect it will last forever. And I wouldn't mind something with a slimmer profile and metallic build, dare I say it, like an iphone.

With smartphone specs being at where they are today, I am a bit surprised that no other phone has chosen to provide a fully (or close to it) desktop browsing experience like the N900. Seriously, what is the hold up? Are these companies afraid they'll be sapping market share away from their traditional computing devices? Come on already!

Android's browsing is pretty and it has flash 10

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
There's also Firefox Mobile for Android (as well as the N900):

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/download/

I don't know about flash, but it supports extensions.

Can anybody confirm that Firefox mobile (on any platform) supports various plugins? I use (desktop) Firefox mainly for its language support plugins. So far none of the tablets that I saw has that feature.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Microb > Android browser. That is all.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.