Notices

From tableteer, Foreca Weather Applet.

5-day weather forecast for any location worldwide.

Choose from over 140,000 hand-picked locations or simply retrieve the forecast for your current location via GPS.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
somewhat interesting, but it cuts of "today" at a odd time...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
It's well made and I would use it if it weren't for OMWeather...

I have gotten quite used to seeing my familiar 7 days of weather at the bottom of my home screen with updated Now: information.
Besides, Vlad and his crew have been active participants in our forum and respond quickly to our input and concerns.

Who is responsible for "Foreca" and are they members of the forum?

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Judging by the name and icons... I would say Foreca makes this applet. It's listed as being made by a "commercial partner", so Nokia probably paid them to do it. Which means not much support, and no community interaction. I haven't even tried Foreca, but I prefer OMWeather, too :-P

Hmm... with the new station support, perhaps someone could make a package for grabbing data from Foreca?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Hmmm, commercial partner.....

I smell a Fremantle....

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i wont be using this because it doesnt have the detail and options of om weather, and it doesnt fit in with the rest of the applets...not to mention there being a damn logo like an advertisement

or simply retrieve the forecast for your current location via GPS.
Well that's quite a good feature. With that said it could be added to OMWeather quite easily too.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Well that's quite a good feature. With that said it could be added to OMWeather quite easily too.
OMWeather can already use the GPS

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
The funny thing was a Foreca guy, advertising this applet on russian n8x0 forums He said that "OMWeather doesn't have his city in it's db, and Foreca does!" but he didn't say what city is exactly missing. Ah, those funny commercial partners...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
My city is included, making it potentially more accurate than OMWeather. I ran some tests. But it is difficult to 'flip' it around; I tend to click on the wrong thingies. Its not finger-friendly.