Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by paulwk View Post
Suggestion for you: Opera web browser comes with a built-in free VPN service with servers in Germany and Netherlands. Those VPN servers are really fast and there is no data limit. Just install the latest Opera then go to Menu->Settings->Privacy and Security->Enable VPN. After that, click the little blue VPN logo in the address bar, turn the slider on and select Netherlands or Germany for your server. I'm amazed that Opera does this for free. Easy and fast. Mucha suerte!
Muchísimas gracias!!! I'll will try it

Update: works perfect and downloading fast

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by meloferz; 2017-10-11 at 17:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Hmm are you tuning up for piracy?
It would be fair to use for free now. Pay half 2 years from now. And the rest later if you can afford it

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
"the license will be attached on your Jolla account, and you will be able to use in one device and the time (maybe in the future will be anothers devices available? And you will be able to use the licence you bought for that device?)"
that's certainly one logic: you buy one license one device, and you can change the licens to be applied to another device for whatever reason.

makes me wonder what'll happen to Jolla1 and JollaC, the former which is listed twice on my account. will i have to purchase separate licenses for them in the future, in order to keep them updated?

again just thinking out loud, if i want to have sailfishx on several devices, would i have to buy a separate license for each device. i can seee the logic there, although not particularly keen on it.

it'll be interesting to see whether AD and exchange support licenses will somehow forcibly stop working after the license expires, or has this been clarified not to happen?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aki__A View Post
Don't you have service in Germany where you can create virtual credit card, transfer money to that virtual credit card account and pay via it?
We have. But they charge extra annual fees (20-40 EUR)
Don't want to those extra fees just to get SFOSX

Maybe in the future there'll bring more payment options.
Until then I'll be fine with the community build.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcoder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Arrrrgh:
Note: If you are a Linux or OS X user, your device's Android version is lower than 34.3.A.0.228 and you have already unlocked your device's bootloader, then you will need to use Windows for one step of the flashing procedure.
(...)
You need to make sure your Xperia™ is running the latest version of Sony's Android, as a recent change was made to allow the installation of Sailfish X. If your device still has its bootloader locked, then you should be able to update to the latest version of Sony's Android using the built-in Over-The-Air (OTA) update mechanism. To get to the latest version you might need to perform several upgrades.
(...)
Enter your e-mail address, accept the terms and conditions, then submit the form. You will receive an email from Sony giving you a link to click in order to access the next stage... Open the link in the received e-mail and enter the IMEI code of your device (18 digits)... Now read and follow Sony's instructions...
From the included flashing-README.txt

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Somehow I expected that it would be easier to flash this on Windows (like just using Emma tool and nothing else).

However, it was slightly more complicated than on Linux, with extra steps like driver installation, since it could not find fastboot drivers on my win10 box automatically.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Somehow I expected that it would be easier to flash this on Windows (like just using Emma tool and nothing else).

However, it was slightly more complicated than on Linux, with extra steps like driver installation, since it could not find fastboot drivers on my win10 box automatically.
But if you used Flashtool from XDA, those steps you already did, that is my case

so if i update my sony by OTA, can i just run flash.sh and that's it?

The Following User Says Thank You to virgi26 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by virgi26 View Post
so if i update my sony by OTA, can i just run flash.sh and that's it?
Yes, you must have 228 < installed to not use EMMA

Originally Posted by jcoder View Post
We have. But they charge extra annual fees (20-40 EUR)
Don't want to those extra fees just to get SFOSX

Maybe in the future there'll bring more payment options.
Until then I'll be fine with the community build.
Wow, that seems harsh. I have an account (Finnish Bank, not even one where I have a regular bank account) which charges 0,5e for transfers under 50e and 0e for above it. And the virtual credit card costs 1e per month. Wasn't aware those kind of services cost so much elsewhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aki__A For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x