Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble downloading the full version of CacheMe after purchasing it. I removed the Trial version and tried to download the full one, but end up having an error.

I know this usually is a server side error, but everything else seems to download fine from Ovi Store. Also when I look at the "Manage Applications" list, I can see the CachMe Trial with a message: "Installation failed."

Removing the exclamation marked entry from the list and rebooting the phone didn't help. The download still ends up in an error. I also downloaded the Trial version once more and it worked fine, but after removing it I still wasn't able to download the full version.

Any ideas? Could the uninstall somehow fail to remove everything of the trial version?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

I am very sorry for all who have issues to download the full version.
It seems there is an issue with the servers.
I payed myself (how silly is that???) to check if it is a server issue and I am also not able to download the full version!
I will get in contact with the Nokia Support and hopefully they can solve this issue very soon.

Both, the trial as well as the full version are identical except that the trial version will close after 10 minutes. Maybe Nokia’s system is not able to handle this???
If you payed for it but could not install it, please send me an email (george AT ruinelli DOT ch) and I will try to help you.

Beside of this, it seems that you can not buy the full version, as long as the trial version is installed. So please first uninstall the trial version. No restart or anything else should be necessary.

Once again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi raaveni,
I've had this problem too, eventually i got it working by removing the trail-version of cacheme, and downloading the full version.
After a error message from the store i also removed all traces of the half-baked cacheme installation in the application manager and application list (in homescreen), and trying to download a couple of times (took a good 5 times or so)
You dont have to remove cachemes folders in Mydocs etc, those can stay
I hope i could be of help here...

edit: poor typing

Hi XiliX
Thank for your tip.
I start to believe that Nokia’s store is not able to handle 2 packages which have the same package name. Sadly the Submission page and the QA team still accepted it :|
I think I will have to try to rename one of those 2 versions. How ever this will be quite some work an I will need some time.
Please be patient.
As said before, if you paid already for it, please send me an email and I will help you.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Some news:
The installation of the full version seems to work again, at least here in Switzerland. Or maybe in now works again because the internal cache got dropped after a few days and now it downloaded the right version?

Nevertheless will I go and rename the full version internally. This way you can have both versions installed and it makes my development/testing a bit easier.

Both versions will still use the same config file so you will have the same settings in both of them.

Let me know if you cant wait until Nokia approved the new version, and I will help you out. (Beside this fix, 0.9.3011 has no improvements against 0.9.3008)
and more...

Last edited by caco3; 2012-09-05 at 20:51.

Hey. I ve got a question: Do i have to authorize via the browser every time i restart the app ? or am i missing something? because it works, but isn t very covenient ....

I like the app altough it doesn't always show me all available caches for an area. maybe a restricion of non-premium account....

Originally Posted by donomar View Post
Hey. I ve got a question: Do i have to authorize via the browser every time i restart the app ? or am i missing something? because it works, but isn t very covenient ....

I like the app altough it doesn't always show me all available caches for an area. maybe a restricion of non-premium account....
You have to authorize CacheMe once, so GroundSpeak knows it is allowed to access your GroundSpeak data.

I am not 100% sure, but I think for Non Premium Members, GroundSpeak only returns Traditional caches. Also you will only be able to see the details of 3 Caches per day.
I know this is very frustrating, but its a limitation of GroundSpeak and I can not change it.
and more...

There is now a new version in the store which should not have the package conflict anymore.
Nokia did not reply yet if they found the issue or could solve it, but they approved my latest version which should work as far as i could test it.
Please let me know when you still have issues.
and more...

Hi,

after i wasn't able to update the app, i had to remove the old one (ok, i m still using the trial - will test it out this week ) and install the new one. I ll give you feedback then!

AGTL finds more caches, eventhough i m not a premium member. But i cannot tell you why. Maybe i combines several cache sources - still, your app also allows to choose the source which is a good thing!

Edit: Of course Nokia didn't reply, what did you expect Honestly, i don't know why i still like their phones and maybe, the N9 will be the last one (sadly....)

Last edited by donomar; 2012-09-11 at 18:11.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Is there a possibility for cacheme to use cached maps from the nokia driving app? Because i want to use cacheme in another country, and roaming to download maptiles is quite expensive...