Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I am interested in Weave, though for my purposes Foxmarks (oops, called Xmarks now) is just as good. The idea is to get the bookmarks you have selected over the years on to your N900, plus the new bookmarks you add next week from your desktop computer, etc.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
the main point of Weave is not the bookmarks, but the recently opened tabs and the passwords, and things like that.

Cool cheers man

Last edited by pendo19; 2010-05-20 at 08:18. Reason: fixed the error

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I did try to install sync on microb, the install goes fine, requires a restart but after the restart it's just like never happened. Anybody with luck? Maybe an older version of the plugin?

ps. Please pleease, don't answer me "get fennec". I know it works on fennec. I want sync on microb, if possible. If not I will continue to use it even without sync.
________
Live Sex

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:43.

How did you even install it on MicroB? It doesn't support add-ons, as far as I know.

The original poster mostly cared about the bookmarks. Could you:
  1. Install Weave on Fennec
  2. Export bookmarks from Fennec
  3. Import bookmarks into MicroB

I don't remember if Fennec can export.

I like Google Bookmarks in theory, but in practice I find it slow to load on my N810. I haven't found a mobile version URL yet.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
How did you even install it on MicroB? It doesn't support add-ons, as far as I know.
There are a handful of MicroB plugins. I believe you install them through the Applications manager.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
There are a handful of MicroB plugins. I believe you install them through the Applications manager.
I don't see weave in the Application Manager. Can you point me in the right direction?

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
I don't see weave in the Application Manager. Can you point me in the right direction?
No, I can't. But I can point you to an MPlayer plugin and these extensions.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
But Fennec is so slow! And crashes a lot! I really prefer Opera Mobile.

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Sorry to grave-dig this but I'm getting an N900 soon and it seems like despite MicroB running old Gecko code, its still faster and more well integrated than Firefox Mobile. However, I have randomised passwords and so Firefox Sync really helps with that.

Is MicroB closed source? Have there been any efforts to update the gecko code to more recent revisions, and therefore perhaps bring add-on support?

Thanks.