Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
After playing couple of battles in X-Com, it would seem like a good idea to add some sort of toggle to switch in a mode where touchpad presses aren't registered and you can just move your "mouse" freely without worrying about accidental clicks (as suggested by ArnimS). Already put some code together to get it working (holding down shift allows you to roam free), but this needs a bit more thought on where to bind it, and how it should actually work - only when key is pressed, or toggle or whatnow.

Any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghouli For This Useful Post:
Toogle sounds ideal. Having a toogle key configurable would be also best - allowing it to fit in any layout.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
ive waited two years for this yay right click on dosbox win for the n900,
on a side note id like left click and right click to be on volume up and down respectively with mouse free to roam but to be fair thats just for anvil of dawn lol.
cheers for the hard work hope looking forward to this

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Could this new feature also become available for the Diablo build as well?

Yeah, I was thinking about making toggle right click and roam use few possible values like none, proximity sensor, shift, ctrl etc so it could be configured as one chooses, and make it work better with specific apps. Also gonna take a look how volume keys can be read, and see if stooobs could use them in Anvil of Dawn

As for Diablo build, well.. I'll look into it, but as I don't have device myself, I cant test it that well. Codewise, it shouldn't be too hard. Gonna see if I can set up SDK for it, and look into possible keys to be used. Suggestions needed.

Having some friends over to have boozytime on weekend, so there won't be too much progress till next week. If anyone wants to try the current build (cover proximity sensor for right click, hold shift for free roam), you can use deb found here, just remove current dosbox installation before installing it with dpkg -i. You can remove it with dpkg -r dosbox. Included are my conf file I use to play X-Com (sound disabled, otherwise it plays like a charm ) and javispedros rover.sys and us.key files. I haven't tried packaging (or any Linux programming besides some python & bash scripting) before, so be gentle.

Post any ideas if you got them, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Ghouli; 2012-03-16 at 06:48.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ghouli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Put the patches somewhere!

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Prolly gonna screw this up, but attached should be sdlmain.diff saved as .txt file, this only adds proximity sensor for right click, defaults off, but can be set on in config file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sdlmain.diff.txt (2.0 KB, 91 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghouli For This Useful Post:
Couldn't resist the urge. You can now set toggle right click and roam to ctrl, shift or proximity sensor from conf. Patch, and new deb for anyone who wants to try it out. Use togglemouseright and togglemouseroam in sdl section of conf to set wanted keys.

Last edited by Ghouli; 2012-03-17 at 10:16.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ghouli For This Useful Post:
You were able to prepare correct debs, so could You also upload new version to extras-devel? It's what the -devel is for, and I'm pretty sure, that in case of bugs it's much bigger chance to find them. It's unbelievable how much of a download boost package gets, when it's uploaded to repos, even -devel.

Thanks anyway!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
gonna try it now cheers ill report back how happy or sad i am lol.

i also agree with uploading to devel because if there isnt much action in a thread it can easily be missed