Notices

Originally Posted by Drew411 View Post
same problem here.. please help
Too Recent means you tried too many times and the WhatsApp server put you on timeout. Wait out that number of minutes indicated then try again. Yes, that number can be huge and you can find yourself waiting a day.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
If only users would take some time to read the wiki:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Wazapp#Common_...heir_solutions
Unlike some mods/hacks/apps, it's very well doco'd.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Since it was first possible, I have been moving my .db along with version and phone changes. Thus I have really old messages there and quite much of them nowadays. I have never had problem with corrupted db or anything to that matter, but I am just wondering is it possible to hit somekind of limit with Wazapp on this regard?

I really wan't to keep all old messages with me, but of course don't wanna danger my working wazapp with this.

Any developers around to answer this or someone with knowledge?

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
I tried register few times, always same message about "try after xxxx minutes"
Even after waiting the time, same problem, never receive sms or voice call.

well, i have helped a another user to register his wazapp account...

in my list of countrys that i have helped are: egytp, spain, paraguay, uruguay and south africa, all of those users with the help of bluestacks :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mac_kissack View Post
Now that you mention some other apps malfunction I want to add that it all started with Wazapp not being able to resize pictures before sending them.
Then, one day all contacts were lost and pictures were not shown in N9 Gallery. Fortunatelly they still were in Wazapp picture folder.

I had to recover all contacts from my email account where they were backed up.

Now, the interesting question: did the reset of N9 solve the problem?
SOLUTION FOUND!
I just reset settings.
All malfunctions disappeared:
- contacts
- camera not working
- flashligt not lighting
- Gallery showing no pictures
And within Wazapp
- written message now shows up in bubble and leaves properly after pressing Enter
- pictures are resized prior to be sent
- incoming messages arrive properly
- contact sync operates fine
- settings changes apply

Sorry for the inconveniences.
But good we found a solution to this.

I had the similar error last week like mac_kissack. All the contacts have disappeared. Messages werent sent out nor i can receive it. Initially i have deleted the ~/.wazapp folder , uninstall and reinstall the program. It works for a while, then it's back to the same problem. After a number of retries, i give up. i chose to reset the settings. It works...
but for 2-3 days only, then it has the same error again.

I'm not sure which bug causes this..then i resort to restore my old backup. Surprisingly, most of my apps, documents, videos, pictures are preserved. Just some of my contacts , accounts and some settings are gone. If you wanna do that, it's best that you do a backup first. Anyway , my whatsapp is working till now..(0.9.19). Since version 0.9.19 is working fine for me , then i'll just leave it...

If this hasn't solve any of my problems, i will probably flash my phone and start from fresh. I'm contented now..hopefully this problem never appear again . Hope it helps...

Originally Posted by mac_kissack View Post
SOLUTION FOUND!
I just reset settings.
All malfunctions disappeared:
- contacts
- camera not working
- flashligt not lighting
- Gallery showing no pictures
And within Wazapp
- written message now shows up in bubble and leaves properly after pressing Enter
- pictures are resized prior to be sent
- incoming messages arrive properly
- contact sync operates fine
- settings changes apply

Sorry for the inconveniences.
But good we found a solution to this.
So how large are your pictures now? (If I send 7mpix pics, they are about 1mb and with 3mpix ~500kb)
"I just reset settings" = factory reset or what settings?
Sorry about the perhaps stupid questions but.. I have been having troubles finding my pictures in wazzap after syncing them with my computer, perhaps this could help with this also but I wanna do it right.

Can I change the download folder somehow by editing a config file? I want the videos to go somewhere else.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Originally Posted by hugon9 View Post
well, i have helped a another user to register his wazapp account...

in my list of countrys that i have helped are: egytp, spain, paraguay, uruguay and south africa, all of those users with the help of bluestacks :-)
Yes, I can vouch what hugon9 says. He fixed me up in no time. Don't ask me how he does it, but he can genuinely help you guys.
Btw, I'm the South African he helped me re-register....

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp